Registered Nurse- Admissions Home Health - Home Health
Company: Public Health Management Corporation
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Registered Nurse- Admissions Home Health
The home health admission nurse plays a vital role on the home
health team. In this position you will utilize your home health
knowledge and expertise to evaluate the patient's appropriateness
for home health services, conduct the admission visit, and
collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to establish and
implement the patient's plan of care. If you are an experienced
home health nurse with knowledge of home health admission criteria
who demonstrates a caring, compassionate demeanor with patients,
families, and caregivers, we invite you to share your talent and
skills by joining the VNA's close-knit, high performing home health
Position Summary: Conducts comprehensive assessments to determine
patient eligibility for home health services and completes the
start of care procedure for home health patients.
* Verifies the patient's eligibility for home health services,
including homebound status when applicable.
* Completes a comprehensive assessment, including OASIS (Outcome
Assessment Information Set) data, that accurately reflects the
patient's current health status.
* Prepares the home health Plan of Care (POC) in collaboration with
the patient, family, caregiver, interdisciplinary team members, and
the patient's physician/non-physician provider.
* Conducts start of care visits as per Agency policy and
* Obtains patient's informed consent for home health services.
* Completes a comprehensive medication reconciliation to identify
and resolve discrepancies, to address duplications, omissions, and
* Identifies need for appropriate home health disciplines to
address patient care needs.
* Documents assessment findings and pertinent information in the
patient's electronic medical record in a timely manner as per
* Communicates with physician/non-physician provider(s) regarding
patient's needs and obtains orders as required.
* Develops an individual POC for each patient that accurately
reflects care needs, prescribed medications and treatments, and
desired outcomes of care.
* Provides healthcare instructions to patient and caregiver as
appropriate per assessment and POC.
* Completes records and reports necessary for patient service and
administrative requirements as determined by the Agency.
* Interprets VNA home health services and programs to patients,
families, referral sources, and the community.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
patients, families, peers, managers, and external customers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing principles,
practices, and techniques and the ability to apply to home nursing
* Assumes responsibility for professional growth and maintains
* Meets quantitative and qualitative standards as defined by
* Participates, as assigned, in implementation of the Agency's
Quality Assurance Program.
* Participates, as appropriate, in Agency's educational activities,
including new employee orientation, professional student clinical
training, and staff education programs.
* Complies with Agency's personnel policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as requested.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Current, valid Pennsylvania RN license
* Current driver's license and consistent access to a reliable
* Minimum of one year medical-surgical clinical practice.
* Demonstrates a caring and compassionate demeanor with patients,
families, and caregivers.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
* Outstanding organizational skills.
* Excellent critical thinking skills.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a
Registered Nurse diploma, Associate Degree in Nursing, or a
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Keywords: Public Health Management Corporation, Philadelphia , Registered Nurse- Admissions Home Health - Home Health, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!