Clinical Nurse Director - Surgical Services
Company: Crozer Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Works in collaboration with the Executive Director of
Perioperative Services and physician leadership, the RN Clinical
Director will be responsible for oversight and direction of the OR,
PACU, SPU, and SPD. This role will handle development,
coordination, strategic vision, and operations of the perioperative
units, helping to build and grow new surgical service lines. This
position will provide cross-functional guidance, leadership, and
expertise for surgical and neurovascular services. The Clinical
Director will also direct and ensure compliance with regulatory and
accreditation agencies, including The Joint Commission (TJC) and
will identify opportunities for quality improvement within each
- Assumes responsibility on a 24-hour basis for perioperative
- Oversee and direct the daily business operations of defined
departments. Supervise all staff supporting business operations
(surgical and procedural scheduling, charging, auditing, and
preference card support).
- Participates in the assessment of the department as well as
individual education needs. Plans programs/ in-services to meet
staff needs. Serve as an expert around specific team competencies,
maintains necessary business and/ or clinical competencies for
- Facilitate consensus and adoption of key performance indicators
and standardized procedures that minimize variation and
inefficiencies withing the department. Identify and address
opportunities for integration and standardization of key
- Assist in the establishment of programs, policies, and standard
operating procedures reflecting the philosophy and objectives of
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL
- Maintains effective communication with all team members; ensure
collaboration is maintained across the service line for operational
- Schedules personnel to provide coverage for the identified
patient care needs.
- In cooperation with the Clinical Educator, identifies learning
needs of the staff and develops programs to meet those needs;
monitors staff attendance at educational programs.
- Articulates and supports Medical Center and Departmental goals
and philosophies to all personnel.
- Inspects equipment and environment on a regular basis for
needed repairs and safety, and reports hazards for
- Maintains a clean environment, in cooperation with support
staff and ensures proper attire within sterile core.
- Maintains an adequate level of needed supplies, in cooperation
with materials management personnel.
- Provides an environment which is conducive to learning for
- Cooperates with other department directors to promote optimal
utilization of personnel and resources.
Education and Training:
Current licensure to practice Professional Nursing in the
Masters Degree preferred
3 years relevant clinical experience
Surgical knowledge: Vascular, Neuro, CT surgery, Robotic,
Management experience required.
Location: Crozer Health - 7429- Surgical Services
Schedule: FR =Full-time Regular, 1 =Day Shift, dayshift-varied
Keywords: Crozer Health, Philadelphia , Clinical Nurse Director - Surgical Services, Healthcare , Cheyney, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!