Hand Therapist Aide
Company: Rothman Orthopaedic Institute
Location: Glen Mills
Posted on: September 18, 2023
RO - Glen Mills - Glen Mills, PA
Occasional Inter-Office Travel
Job Summary: The Hand Therapist Aide assists the Certified Hand
Therapist by preparing treatment area, greeting and welcoming
patients, maintaining inventory of supplies and materials, and
completes light clerical duties.
Schedule: Tuesdays from 7:30 AM to 4 PM in Media and Thursdays from
7:30 AM to 4 PM in Glen Mills, PA
- Prepares hand therapy treatment rooms and treatment areas for
patients by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for hand therapy treatment by welcoming,
comforting, escorting, and/or assisting patients into occupational
therapy treatment rooms and treatment areas.
- Provides information and comfort to hand therapy patients by
listening to questions and requests; relaying concerns and
questions to occupational therapist.
- Monitors the implementation of the therapy assistant's and
therapist's instructions; ensuring that activities are performed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering
equipment and supplies to treatment areas; positioning equipment
for therapist access and patient treatment.
- Maintains hand therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; completing
supply requisitions; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Schedules patients and verifies insurance benefits to determine
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the
- High School diploma or GED minimum education requirement.
- Minimum of one years' experience in medical office
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures & medical terminology
Our Commitment to Employees:
Come work at Rothman Orthopaedics! Our employees are our single
greatest asset, as such, we strive to provide a professional,
nurturing environment where every member of our team can make a
meaningful difference in the lives of others. This commitment to
our employees has earned us the distinction as a Top Workplace in
Philadelphia by the Philadelphia Inquirer year after year. Our
employees enjoy competitive pay, comprehensive health and dental
benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and retirement
Rothman Orthopaedics is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to
providing opportunities to all qualified applicants without regards
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We value developing an
inclusive and equitable environment that strengthens our
organization and allows us to better attract and retain a diverse
workforce that is representative of our patients and our community.
We model our values by creating and enacting practices that
encourage participation from all backgrounds, perspectives, and
As a condition of employment at Rothman Orthopaedics, it is
required you receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Rothman Orthopaedics
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requests for reasonable
accommodations will be considered.
Keywords: Rothman Orthopaedic Institute, Philadelphia , Hand Therapist Aide, Healthcare , Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!