Company: Jahnle Eye Associates
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Medical Secretary/Technician Needed
Our Medical Secretary/Technician position is a great fit for someone who has a love of technology and is customer service driven.
Our busy practice needs a motivated team player to help us give patients a 5-star experience every time theyre here. This is a full-time position at our office in Havertown with benefits, vacation and a GREAT atmosphere.
NO Experience Needed:
Prior medical office or eyecare experience is a plus, but its certainly not required. We will be happy to train the right person with a great attitude, a helpful heart, and a love of learning! We will make sure youre totally confident working with the equipment and patients before you start handling these tasks alone! *As per the new CMS rule (11/15/21); all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID.
As a Medical Secretary/Technician, youll be handing a lot of the important work that goes on to set the doctor and the patient up for success. As the first person to work with each patient during their appointment, youll be the one that calms their nerves, gets them in a great mood, and shows them that we are there to serve them in every way we can!
Some of your duties will include:
- Taking the patient back to the exam room and verifying their medical history
- Spending 15+ minutes with each patient before the doctor comes in, performing duties such as measuring retinal function, peripheral vision, and retinal thickness; and taking retinal photographs. (Youll be using the same type of instruments NASA uses on the space station!)
- Refracting the patient, which means starting the process of finding the patients eyeglass prescription before the doctor comes in to refine it.
- Taking notes for the doctor during the patients exam.
- Consistent cross-training for optimum career growth and development.
- Ordering proper tests based on the doctors diagnoses.
- Properly coding procedures so everything gets paid by the patients insurance.Why this job is more than a job:
In Eye Care, we change peoples lives. We help grandma and grandpa keep their independence by saving their eyesight. We help kids get better grades because they can finally see the board! We prevent devastating traffic accidents, allow parents to take in every detail on their childrens faces, and help people enjoy a higher quality of life because life is so much better when you can SEE.
If you want a career where you can directly impact the well-being of your community, this is it!
Skills required If these sound like you, please apply!
- You are patient and kind to anyone you meet.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve problems and to resolve conflict effectively; strong listening skills are required
- Demonstrate sound judgment when making decisions; adept at analyzing facts, problem-solving, and making decisions.
- Express self calmly and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Youre quick on your feet and hardworking.
- Youre focused on the little details.
- You love learning new things.
- Youre reliable!
We are a fast-paced eyecare practice in the Havertown area. We love to come to work every day because we love our patients and what we do. Weve built an office culture that cant be beat and truly enjoy working with our staff.
- Healthcare, Dental and In-House Vision Benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
If youre looking to join a team that feels like a family, where your efforts will always be appreciated, and where you will be valued for the amazing person you are, apply now!
Powered by JazzHR
Medical Secretary/Technician Needed
Keywords: Jahnle Eye Associates, Philadelphia , Medical Secretary/Technician, Healthcare , Havertown, Pennsylvania
here to apply!