Registered Nurse (RN) - Sleep Medicine - Med Surg
Company: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) - Sleep MedicineSHIFT
Day (United States of America)
Seeking Breakthrough Makers
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) offers countless ways to change lives. Our diverse community of more than 20,000 Breakthrough Makers will inspire you to pursue passions, develop expertise, and drive innovation.
At CHOP, your experience is valued; your voice is heard; and your contributions make a difference for patients and families. Join us as we build on our promise to advance pediatric care-and your career.
CHOP's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CHOP is committed to building an inclusive culture where employees feel a sense of belonging, connection, and community within their workplace. We are a team dedicated to fostering an environment that allows for all to be their authentic selves. We are focused on attracting, cultivating, and retaining diverse talent who can help us deliver on our mission to be a world leader in the advancement of healthcare for children.
We strongly encourage all candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
A Brief Overview
Practices at the level of a competent to proficient practitioner of nursing. Demonstrates competence in caring for patients with complex problems, as well as complying with the administrative policies and clinical protocols as outlined in the policy and procedure manuals. In addition, demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and division goals. Serves as a role model for other staff and a preceptor for new employees and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge. Administratively responsible to the Manager and Nursing Director for nursing practice issues.
What you will do
* Follows Nursing Process to deliver safe care assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
* Anticipates and synthesizes complex assessment data to best determine and influences total plan of care, pertinent data to be shared with care team, and tasks to be delegated.
* Collaborates with family, team members and other caregivers to coordinate all facets of patient care, planning with the multidisciplinary team.
* Manages care for complex patients and anticipates needs, delegating care as necessary to other team members.
* Identifies patient response, communicates changes to physicians, family and other team members and contributes to revised plan of care.
* Documentation reflects outcomes and appropriate revision of patient care provided and utilizes current hospital standards, policies and procedures.
* Role models appearance and behaviors that promote a positive image of Nursing.
* Role models how to interact with parents/patients and colleagues using respect and dignity while listening for avenues to improve on the ideal patient experience and anticipate patient/family needs.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the impact on the team by arriving to work on time; predicts challenges and obstacles and plans for how to minimize a negative impact on the patient/ family and colleagues.
* Provides an accurate patient status report to members of the team that reflects nursing interventions, patient outcomes and alterations to plan of care.
* Chairs and/or participates in unit/departmental Shared Governance councils.
* Facilitates and promotes change in the unit environment with a focus on improving the ideal patient experience.
* Leads unit improvements and measures outcomes.
* Assures that staff incorporates professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements into nursing care provided.
* Reads, analyzes and synthesizes nursing and other scholarly articles and research studies; shares knowledge with unit staff in a formal format.
* With assistance applies research findings to clinical practice.
* Seeks opportunities to participate in research studies or answer simple research questions.
* Identifies learning needs of self and others and assists in the development of a learning plan.
* Applies education and training from departmental in-services and external sources to unit practices to enhance Nursing practice.
* Assists in developing and utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
* Participates in development/ presentation of staff education programs geared to meet unit and select departmental needs.
* Demonstrates health care informatics competency in order to manage patient care, outcome data and current and emerging health care technology.
* Resource Management
* Participates in promoting quality, efficient and cost effective care.
* Monitors own usage of supplies and equipment/identify opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations.
* Manages own time to accomplish direct/indirect care in a cost efficient manner.
* Technical Diploma Nursing Required
* Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
* At least three (3) years pediatric experience Required
Skills and Abilities
* Computer Competency
* Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
* Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
* Use of shared network file space.
* Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
* Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
* Information Literacy
* Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
* Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
* Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
* Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
* Information Management Literacy
* Navigation of the electronic health record system.
* Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
* Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
* Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
* Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
Licenses and Certifications
* Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - Pennsylvania State Licensing Board - upon hire - Required or
* Nursing Temporary Practice Permit (Pennsylvania) - Pennsylvania State Licensing Board - upon hire - Required or
* Registered Nurse (New Jersey) - New Jersey State Licensing Board - upon hire - Required or
* Nursing Temporary Practice Permit (New Jersey) - New Jersey State Licensing Board - upon hire - Required and
* Basic Life Support (BLS) - issued through on organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross). - upon hire - Required
To carry out its mission, CHOP is committed to supporting the health of our patients, families, workforce, and global community. As a condition of employment, professionals working onsite-at any CHOP location, for any portion of time-must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Learn more.
CHOP also requires employees who work in patient care buildings to receive an annual influenza vaccine. Employees may request exemptions for valid religious and medical reasons. Start dates may be delayed until candidates are immunized or exemption requests are reviewed.
EEO / VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Tobacco Statement
Registered Nurse (RN) - Sleep MedicineSHIFT
Keywords: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Registered Nurse (RN) - Sleep Medicine - Med Surg, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
here to apply!