Lead Vascular Specialist- HUP Pavilion Vascular Lab
Company: Penn Medicine
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Description Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission
of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting
innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of
medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means
collaboration with top clinical, technical and business
professionals across all disciplines.Today at Penn Medicine,
someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart,
deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our
employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's
- The Lead Vascular Specialist is responsible for the technical
oversight of the staff in the Vascular Laboratory in a proactive
and responsible manner, including completing specific daily job
assignments and overseeing patient scheduling and flow.
Additionally, they are responsible for assisting with department
facility and equipment, continuous quality and performance
improvement, and the IAC accreditation. Patient care at all
locations (inpatient/ outpatient) is required and they may be
required to be on-call or cover holidays.Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the Vascular program, including
patient scheduling, flow, and processes.
- Frontline person to triage issues throughout the day for the
department. (Including inpatient and all outpatient locations)
- Collaborate with Manager, staff, and physicians to improve
department processes, resolve issues as they arise, and develop and
execute long-term solutions.
- Perform daily patient care as a staff Technologist.
- Monitor daily work volume and adjust assignments accordingly
and ensure schedule completed daily.
- Collaborate with the manager to develop staffing
recommendations/justifications or modify scheduling guidelines,
practices, and models that enhance productivity and promote volume
- Collaborate with the Manager to develop student rotations
- Oversee the Quality Assurance program in collaboration with the
Manager and Medical Director and IAC accreditation.
- Maintain everyday readiness compliance with all regulatory
agencies regarding patient care, safety, confidentiality, DOH & TJC
- Registered Vascular Technologist (Required) Education or
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Must be a graduate of an approved Ultrasound training
5+ years Related Experience in Hospital or Vascular Lab setting,
preferably with Leadership Experience
- Associate of Arts or Science
- 5+ years Related Experience in Hospital or Vascular Lab
setting, preferably with Leadership ExperienceWe believe that the
best care for our patients starts with the best care for our
employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get
healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and
benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition
assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are
actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will
continue to make medical advances that help people live longer,
healthier lives.Live Your Life's WorkWe are an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for
employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic
information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship
status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Penn Medicine, Philadelphia , Lead Vascular Specialist- HUP Pavilion Vascular Lab, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...