Psychiatric Nurse (LPN)
Company: Horizon House
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Psychiatric Nurse (LPN)
County:Philadelphia County, PA
Schedule:12am - 8am
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services
to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities,
behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is
Pennsylvania's oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since
1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness,
drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual
disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help
them live as independently as possible in the community. With over
100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and
the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse
population focusing on individual strength and choice. Currently,
we are seeking a full time Psychiatric Nurse (LPN) to work in our
Behavioral Health Services Division.
* To provide and assist team members in coordinating the behavioral
and physical health care needs of program participants.
- Supervision Received:
* Receives general direction from the Director. Receives medical
direction from the program psychiatrist and/or physical health
doctor, when applicable.
- Supervision Exercised:
* Licensed RN/LPN in the State of PA.
* Prior experience in community mental health and/or substance
abuse treatment settings.
* Knowledge of psychiatric clinical and psychosocial rehabilitation
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good writing and computer skills for documenting in an electronic
* Team oriented.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytic
* Must be available for scheduled emergency on-call service.
* Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving
* Frequent talking and listening.
* Will require crisis intervention in emergency situations,
including managing aggression.
* Must be available for local travel
* Scheduling flexibility and possible on-call work are
* Will be required to report to work during emergencies including
Horizon House offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive
benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid
holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement
savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit
program, opportunities for advancement and more.To be considered an
applicant, please you can apply at www.hhinc.org and click on the
careers tab. Horizon House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer *
M/F/Veteran/ Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Horizon House, Philadelphia , Psychiatric Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!