Posted on: January 27, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: The rehabilitation staff nurse assists patients in
adapting to an altered lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic
environment. The RN does this by designing and implementing
treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory
related to self-care and that promote physical, psycho-social and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited
- Possess specialized rehabilitation nursing and/or
medical-surgical, acute nursing knowledge and clinical skills
necessary to provide care for people with physical disabilities and
- Exercises sound critical thinking skills and nursing
- Coordinates educational activities and uses appropriate
resources to develop and implement an individualized teaching and
discharge plan with patients and their families.
- Provides direction and supervision of ancillary nursing
personnel, demonstrates processional judgment, and uses problem
solving techniques, crucial conversations skills and
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities that are in accordance
with ANA (American Nurses Association) and ARN (Association of
Rehabilitation Nursing) standards of practices.
- Consistently provides a safe and therapeutic environment and
supports activities that promote patients' goals and return to
function and prevent complications.
- Consistently reports and/or solves issues which poses risk to
patient, employee and others served.
- Provides hand-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process
to achieve quality outcomes for patients.
- Creates care plans for individual patients that address their
needs in order to develop nursing diagnoses and interventions.
Regularly evaluates plan of care as needed for goal
- Actively participates in team conferences and other team
meetings as needed
- Disseminates up-to-date inter-disciplinary communication
regarding patient status and plan of care.
- Executes best practice initiatives for patient satisfaction
that includes but not limited to bed-side reporting, rounding and
other nursing imperatives and work flow processes.
- Demonstrates effective therapeutic oral communication skills to
develop a rapport with patients, their families, and other
multi-disciplinary team members.
- Demonstrates documentation practices that follow standards of
practice and organizational requirements.
- Acts as a resource and role model for nursing staff and
students and participates in activities such as nursing,
hospital-wide committees and projects and professional
organizations that promote the improvement of nursing care and
advancement of professional rehabilitation nursing practice.
- Applies nursing research to clinical practice and participates
in nursing research activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands of this position primarily require the use of
hands and fingers. Abilities such as vision, hearing, talking,
sitting, standing and walking are also required. There may on
occasion be a need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise
level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flexibility of work schedule and ability to organize and prioritize
work is essential.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in Pennsylvania.
- Minimum Education: BSN required or current enrollment as
approved by CNO
- CRRN is preferred.
- New graduates are welcome to apply if have had work experience
as C.N.A or sufficient amount of work experience as student.
- Generally, a minimum of 1-year licensed professional nursing
experience is preferred.
- Must possess sound knowledge of nursing principles, procedures,
and ANA standards of practice and others as determined by state and
- English proficiency required.
- Proficient math, keyboarding and other computer skills
- Must be able to function in a dynamic, rehabilitation team work
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for
employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the
University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be
required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are
offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved
medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson
Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach
across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest
employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in
Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia
University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four
schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national
doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level
programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in
architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles,
health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University,
has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to
an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that
include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health,
Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over
50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet -designated
hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the
NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the
country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest
faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021,
Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a
not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern
Pennsylvania. We are the first health system Please click HERE to
view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Philadelphia , Per Diem , Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!