Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Spectrum Health Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Job Summary: Spectrum Health- a world-class
community health center that proudly cares, values, and serves its
community is in search of a dynamic Certified Medical Assistants
who care about, values, and is dedicated to world-class healthcare
service delivery. If this is you, come work your life's passion at
Spectrum and earn your living where your heart is! Nationally
recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest
designation for health centers, Spectrum Community Health Center
provides the highest level of care improving the health conditions
and advancing health equity within our communities through the
delivery of quality primary care, specialty, and social services.
We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our
communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an
efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of
success for the other Federally Quality Health Centers. Spectrum
employees make a different each and every day, each and every time,
and in each and every encounter, a Spectrum encounter will touch a
soul and heal a heart. Today at Spectrum, someone will deliver
hopeful news; someone will provide comfort, reassurance, and
assistance. At Spectrum someone will smile, welcome, and be happy
to see you. This position is vital to the provision of support to
the providers and patients in the delivery of PCMH team based care.
The Medical Assistant works directly with an assigned Primary Care
provider to provide patient care services as directed by the
provider to ensure the efficiency of the practice and high quality
patient care. The provider/CMA dyad is critical for continuity of
care in addressing the needs of a panel of patients including
annual health maintenance, acute and chronic care management.
- Sets up exam room and prepare patient for appropriate
- Utilize population management tool (i2i) to print reports for
each daily huddle. Add patients to Tracking Types as
- Communicate as needed with Case Management and Nurse Care
Managers in pre-visit planning for provider sessions.
- Track referrals for assigned providers.
- Participate in weekly care team meetings.
- Assist in care management and support of defined patient
- Checks patient vital signs, obtains medical history, HIV risk
assessment and rapid screening, depression screening, standing lab
orders and chief complaint.
- Provides health screenings as ordered by the provider, i.e.,
vision screening, auditory screening, EKG, urine dipstick,
finger-stick glucose and cholesterol readings.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and
- Assists providers during exams as directed; i.e.; wound care;
application of ace bandages, splints, slings, ear irrigation;
Implanon and IUD insertions/removals; assists with vaginal exams
and cultures; colposcopies, etc.
- Administers medications and vaccines, as ordered by the
- Provides appropriate patient education and counseling.
- Maintains patient records and related forms.
- Performs routine or special cleaning of rooms and supplies
daily following appropriate Infection Control guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining inventories. Report when supplies are
low or expired.
- Performs quality control checks and document; i.e.,
refrigerator/ freezer temperatures; Accu-check and cholesterol
calibrations; incubator and hematocrit monitoring; pregnancy and
urine test supply checks; etc.
- Participates in outreach/or community education programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements: Required
Experience: Qualifications: The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assisting training
- Current CPR Certification.
- Must be currently certified as a Medical Assistant with one of
the following certifications: AAMA Certified Medical Assistant
(CMA); American Medical Technologist Registered Medical Assistant
(RMA); National Center for Competency Testing; National Certified
Medical Assistant (NCMA), or National Allied Health Test Registry;
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NR-CMA).
- Two year of MA experience in a medical setting is preferred.
Benefits: We believe that world class care for our patients starts
with the world class care for our employees. Our employee benefits
programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. It
includes a 100% employer paid medical deductible plan. We offer
comprehensive and competitive compensation, tuition reimbursement,
loan forgiveness eligibility, paid time off, and Holidays. Spectrum
is actively engaged with its employees who are genuinely committed
to our mission and values. Together we will sustain a world class
community center dedicate to advancing health and transforming live
through care, value and how we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for
employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic
information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship
status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other
status protected by applicable law. Spectrum Health Services
requires proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination series for all new
employees hired. Medical and religious exemptions will be honored
consistent with EEOC regulation. PI201267243
Keywords: Spectrum Health Services, Inc., Philadelphia , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!