Crisis Intervention Specialist - Children's Urgent Care Center
Company: PATH People Acting To Help, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:To promote the mission of PATH to help individuals
achieve a more independent and fulfilling life by being an
effective team member. The Crisis Intervention Specialist is
responsible for clinical assessment, interventions and, crisis
management for children and their families in Northeast
Philadelphia. The UCC program operates Monday through Friday
between the hours of 11:00am - 7:30pm. Services the Crisis
Intervention Specialist will provide include assessment, crisis
intervention, parent education, and linkages to behavioral health
services as indicated.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in the human services field from an accredited
college or university.
- At minimum, 2 years verified, paid, post-master's therapy
experience with children/youth and training and experience in
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Microsoft Office and computer skills.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Minimal in nature.SPECIFIC DUTIES AS A CRISIS INTERVENTION
- To provide crisis management that is coordinated and integrated
with the Interdisciplinary treatment team of the UCC.
- To provide telephone crisis and triage coverage during hours of
operation in order to arrange for assessment, make referrals to
appropriate services, or provide education and support of ongoing
- Engage the youth and family upon the visit to develop an
understanding of the events that led to the crisis from everyone's
perspective orient the family on the role and UCC.
- Complete crisis assessment of the child / youth and family
obtain relevant information and develop a plan for interventions,
including conflict resolution and crisis management.
- Collaborate with the psychiatrist regarding assessment
- Utilize American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) treatment
criteria with youth who are in need of substance use services.
- Utilize approved evidence based tools and practices including
SAMHSA crisis guidelines.
- To complete or assist others in completing the involuntary
- To follow all outlined procedures regarding the initiation of a
- To safely deescalate crisis, only using approved therapeutic
holds when a youth is engaging in behavior that presents a danger
to self or others. PI175014610
Keywords: PATH People Acting To Help, Inc., Philadelphia , Crisis Intervention Specialist - Children's Urgent Care Center, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!