Behavioral Health RN
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The -Registered Nurse -is the member of the Multidisciplinary
Treatment Team responsible for the client's medical needs. The
Registered Nurse provides all services under supervision of the
Director of Nursing, as directed by the Medical Director.
- Participating in the development of client treatment
- Providing face-to-face health care monitoring for the
- Where medically and clinically appropriate, participating on
the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Providing required documentation in the client record
including: clinical notes, a record of medications administered
including and any other medical related issues. but not limited
- Completes a Health History and Communicable Disease assessment
at the time of admission.
- Transcribes Physician's Orders and Implement all Medical
Protocols as ordered.
- Confers with and assists the Medical Doctor and Director of
- Attends and participates in all "in-service" functions.
- Assists with emergency situations and make immediate
- Maintains the Confidential nature of all clients and facility
- Maintains required Training & Continuing Education.
- Maintains Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures.
- Meets with clients determine the urgency of their medical needs
and expedite treatment as required.
- Effectively communicates concerns about client health to the
Medical Director and follows up as necessary.
- Under the supervision of the Medical Director, assists in
educating clients about health problems and medical care.
- Facilitates medication education for new clients and for all
other clients starting new medications.
- Meets with Clinical staff to provide information about client
medical problems.Assists the treatment team in incorporating
medical issues into treatment planning.
- Takes verbal orders from the Medical Director, documents them
in the client record and carries them out accurately and
- Provides routine nursing care under the supervision of the
- Participate in regular meetings with Clinical Director to
discuss specific client problems.
- Facilitate Medical Groups as directed by Clinical
- Participate in regular department meetings and staff
- Maintains effective communication between outside medical
services and the facility.
- Keeps and shares records and equipment.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Utilization Review,
Fire & Disaster Committees, and others as requested.
- Attends in-service education programs as assigned to learn new
forms, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
- Performs additional duties, as deemed necessary by
- Maintains up-to-date training in CPR, First Aid, Infection
Control, Fire Safety, and other areas mandated by organizational
- Communicates effectively with other staff members and
demonstrates the ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, responding
positively to changing situations in the work setting.This is a
full-time position that will work 7pm-7am. -For a virtual tour of
the facility, please visit our website at
- Graduate from an accredited/approved Registered Nursing program
nurse pursuant to N.J.S.A. 45:11-26 et seq.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a chemical
dependency/psychiatric setting, preferably in a detox unit and/or
inpatient, partial hospitalization and/or outpatient setting
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and maintains current licensure
per state requirements.
- Maintains current CPR.
- Maintains open communication lines with Executive Director,
Medical Director, facility staff, attending clinicians and
physicians, clients and families. Liaisons with community agencies,
vendors, and payor of health services.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ - -PandoLogic.
Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN), Location: Berlin, NJ - 08009 , PL:
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Philadelphia , Behavioral Health RN, Healthcare , Berlin, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!