Senior Electronic Health Record (EHR) Assistant
Company: PATH People Acting To Help, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:To promote the mission of PATH to help individuals
achieve a more independent and fulfilling life by being an
effective team member of the Health Information Services (HIS)
Department. The Senior Electronic Health Record (EHR) Assistant
will be supporting daily maintenance of electronic health record
and accompanying data entry, edits, and reporting. The Senior EHR
Assistant will also be effectively responding daily to support
- High School Diploma
- 2 years' experience working with an Electronic Health Record
required; familiarity with Netsmart's myAvatar system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel formulas, EHR Forms, Data
maintenance, and reviewing reports.
- Proficiency in entering data through use of number keypad and
- Ability to scan, retrieve, and save/organize documents
- Excellent customer service for support requests via phone or
email.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Minimal in nature.SPECIFIC DUTIES AS A
SENIOR ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD (EHR) ASSISTANT:
- Review automated Avatar data management reports on a
- Research and identify corrections in the Avatar system that
need to be completed.
- For departments that are live on the Avatar Clinical
Workstation, contact the program staff or program
supervisor/manager to append electronic documentation or to submit
a change request form as required before completing
- Complete corrections in the Avatar system by appending, moving,
or attaching progress notes, correcting service data, and/or any
other tasks as needed and identified by the Health Information
Service Manager or Chief Compliance Officer.
- Delete incorrectly entered service data as identified though
edits or the Health Information Services Manager.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in the clinical and service
data that are identified by the Health Information Services
Manager, Chief Compliance Office or other sources including change
request forms submitted to the Data Department by program staff,
supervisors, and managers.
- Review the Avatar Support queue in Remedy Force on a regular
basis throughout the day and respond to any request by either
completing the request or forwarding to the appropriate staff for
- Review and follow-up on Avatar Support requests to ensure
- Maintain the CRR residency workbooks using the weekly CRR
admission, discharge and absence reports, and the semi-monthly
- Convert the data in the CRR residency workbooks and upload into
- Verify receipt of Service Activity Logs on a daily basis.
- Review the Service Activity Log Control Report on a weekly
basis. Contact the Program Supervisor/Manager to obtain any
outstanding (late) Service Activity Logs identified by the weekly
review of the Service Activity Log Control Report.
- Notify the Health Information Systems Director if unable to
obtain outstanding Service Activity Logs after contacting Program
- Maintain the CRR Residency Workbooks.
- Convert the data in the CRR Residency Workbooks and upload into
Avatar on a monthly basis.
- Complete, review, compile and post the RTF Residency Worklist
on a semi-monthly basis.
- Maintain Avatar Dictionaries, Programs, Service Codes and other
data as determined by the Health Information Systems Manager or
Chief Information Officer.
- Enter Service Data into the Avatar system from the Service
Activity Logs as determined by the Health Information Systems
- Provide back-up for the HIS Clerk and Senior HIS Assistant and
MIS Assistant as determined by the Health Information Systems
- Provide back-up and assistance to other Staff members of the
Health Information Services Department as determined by the Health
Information Services Manager or Chief Information Officer.
- Assist in identifying issues as related to HIS activities and
- Other related duties as assigned. PI175014628
Keywords: PATH People Acting To Help, Inc., Philadelphia , Senior Electronic Health Record (EHR) Assistant, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!