Clinical Research Nurse III - Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Company: Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals
Posted on: April 10, 2021
PRIMARY FUNCTION :
The Clinical Research Nurse III performs basic nursing skills,
study coordination and data management, with a central focus on
managing subject recruitment and enrollment, consistency of study
implementation, data management and integrity, and compliance with
regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Collects and documents clinical information (data) from study
- Conducts nursing responsibilities related to the clinical trial
including blood draws, vital signs, nursing assessments, EKGs. May
perform drug administration exclusive of IV administration, serving
as backup to primary nurse if needed.
- Provides patient education regarding research study.
- Obtains informed consent and supports enrollment into clinical
- Interacts with consortium members, organizes meetings and
communicates with participating institutions, tracks and records
progress, schedules meetings, records and distributes minutes.
- Train research staff and Jefferson departments on the proper
procedures for conducting a clinical trial per GCP.
- Primary contact for trial subjects about study related
- Communicate with departments to provide education and awareness
of protocol procedures, patient safety and protocol adherence.
- Maintain the integrity of the research by ensuring protocol
related deviations are avoided.
- Educate necessary departments of any changes related to the
clinical trial including patient care, safety, procedures,
- Maintains regulatory documentation in electronic data systems
- Maintain accurate subject log, tracks expenses, submits
appropriate documentation to Grant Administrator on a monthly basis
for payment due for visits on all studies.
- Perform regular quality control assessments to ensure that
clinical trial data is collected and stored per GCP.
- Design electronic capture databases, if appropriate, and manage
all of the data collected.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent
with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
- Conducts nursing responsibilities related to the clinical trial
including blood draws, vital signs, nursing assessments
- OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES :
- Performs within the legal framework of the nursing profession
as defined by the Nurse Practice Act of the Commonwealth of
- Decision-making and leadership activities demonstrate ethical
behaviors in accordance with TJUH policy and the ANA Code of Ethics
- Demonstrates consistent adherence to HIPAA guidelines.
- Uses the nursing process in providing professional nursing care
based on established nursing care standards, policies and
- Maintain certifications as required by the Department of
- May collect and process specimen tissue to be analyzed by
- Works in collaboration with research team, and participates in
identification, development, implementation and evaluation of
specific goals and objectives.
- Supports administration in the adherence to protocol
- Collects and assists in organizing data for the research
EDUCATIONAL/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS :
Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION :
PA RN License
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
Minimum of 2 years of experience with a minimum of 1 year of RN
clinical experience and a minimum of 1 year of clinical research
experience. Some management experience preferred.
- Clinical Leadership: Knowledge of key business concepts
relevant to the healthcare function, the ability to balance
business needs with patient care priorities.
- Clinical Research: Knowledge of theories and methodologies of
medical science research, ability to use research processes, tools
and technologies to determine the safety and effectiveness of
medical products and services intended for human use.
- Coaching Others: Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods,
ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in
learning and improving effectiveness.
- Communicating Complex Concepts: Knowledge of, and the ability
to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain
complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to
- Consulting: Knowledge of techniques, roles, and
responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to
clients, both internal and external, ability to apply this
knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Understanding of the
issues related to the decision-making process, ability to analyze
situations fully and accurately, and reach productive
- Influencing: Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and
strategies, ability to impact decisions within and outside own
- Knowledge of Organization: Knowledge of the organization's
vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles,
values, and code of ethics, ability to apply this understanding
appropriately to diverse situations.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to
patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University)
provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40
countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we
have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by
the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care
locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly
specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million
patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas
Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight
specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that
offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our
University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary
approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform
for professional education. Through this unique model, we are
preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal
access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages
applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ
individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Keywords: Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals, Philadelphia , Clinical Research Nurse III - Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!