Physician/Medical Director - Full Time - Eagleville, PA - Correctional
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: October 20, 2020
Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We
are a private, physician-founded, nationally accredited
correctional health care practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to
over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers;
throughout the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH.
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting
opportunity for today's medical professional in that it provides
the ability to truly utilize all your learned medical skills and
knowledge daily. Correctional health care is the perfect hybrid of
Primary Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, and Addiction
Medicine; serving an underserved and extremely diverse patient
We are currently looking for a Full-Time, Physician/Medical
Director to join our team in the medical departments at the
Montgomery County Correction Facility in Eagleville, PA.
This position offers a 40-hour work week, Monday's - Friday's (i.e.
no weekends)! Weekly hours are normally fulfilled during normal
business hours; however, there is some flexibility available.
To quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Majority company-paid family health care benefits offered,
- Company-paid life insurance provided,
- Retirement benefits (i.e. 401k with discretionary company
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail)
- Generous PTO vacation plan included,
- Annual licensure reimbursement offered, and more. Job
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while
utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical
health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as
PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled workdays according to
standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility
administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e.,
physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage
via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of
fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health
concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to
mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical
facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all
medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians,
psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted
medical standards. Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathic
Medicine, specialty training preferred in Family Medicine, Internal
Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Correctional Medicine, and/or Urgent
- Licensed to practice Medicine in the Commonwealth of
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Maintain current DEA number and eligible to prescribe
medications in Pennsylvania.
- Buprenorphine Waiver/X-Waiver required.
- Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
- Maintain current Driver's License. Company Overview:
We're committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional
healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare
management, continuously improving the standards of care.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our
strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of
healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark
of our success. With new contracts established regularly,
opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice,
and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said
technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At
PCM, we're invested in your long-term success and foster this by
providing individually catered training to every one of our
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is The Choice for
Quality Correctional Health Care , please apply today to schedule a
phone interview. We're ready to speak with you about joining our
PrimeCare Medical family!
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Philadelphia , Physician/Medical Director - Full Time - Eagleville, PA - Correctional, Healthcare , Eagleville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!