Outpatient Service Coordinator / Medical Assistant
Company: Tower Health
Posted on: May 23, 2020
About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare
provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate
healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million
people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a
full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education;
to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to
rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health
services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can
be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed
to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading
Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine
Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching
hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove;
Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in
Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also
operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading
Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers,
leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health
system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for
advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac &
vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading
HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016,
combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make
the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers &
inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality,
cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare
industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower
Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
* Daily interaction with patients, families, guardians and
coworkers to assist with patient care in a pediatric
* Accurately takes and records vital signs, blood pressure,
heights/lengths, weights, head circumferences and abdominal
* Performs EKG'S and spirometry.
* Provides nebulizer treatments.
* Performs and records glucose monitoring, hemoglobin A1C
* Provides assistant to casting technicians.
* Provides side by side assistance to general and plastic surgeons
during in office procedures.
* Processes and follows up on lab and specimen orders.
* Secures insurance referrals, enters referrals in Nextgen, attach
referral to appointment for applicable services.
* Assists physicians, RN, Director of operations and practice
coordinator/manager with daily function of department.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
* Medical assistant certification (CMA) Experience
* Two (2) or three (3) years of experience working in a medical
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Keywords: Tower Health, Philadelphia , Outpatient Service Coordinator / Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!