Corporate Safety Program Manager
Company: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
Posted on: November 20, 2019
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
CORPORATE SAFETY PROGRAM MANAGER - based in Reading, PA
This position supports all Carpenter Technology locations
- Drive consistency across the organization in all areas of
Health and Safety.
- Conduct Machine Guarding assessments, controls and
- Participate in Pre-Task Human Performance Briefings and
verifying the countermeasures.
- Lead and/or provide Incident investigation guidance and support
to drive root cause identification and corrective action
- Conduct and/or manage the process/guidelines for
auditing/inspecting of contractor worksites/jobs. Maintain
activities to ensure compliance with Carpenter EHS Standards such
as: Lockout/Tagout, Fall Protection, Hot work, etc.
- Assist with Ergonomic and PPE Hazards Assessments - drive
consistency across the organization.
- FM Global contact point for all Carpenter Technology
- In addition to the activities outline above, this position will
support the overall Carpenter Corporate EHS Group as directed to
support Injury Reduction Activities as we strive to achieve a "Zero
Injury" goal across the company.
- With no direction, leads the identification, analysis and
control of occupational hazards and promotes worksite or product
safety by applying knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics,
psychology, physiology, and industrial health, safety and
- Advises on structural safety requirements based on failure mode
analysis of such factors as fatigue, stability, stress,
concentration and creep. Leads the design of protective equipment
or safety devices for machines, and redesign of machines and plant
equipment to eliminate occupational hazards. Leads the inspection
of facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify and
correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation
compliance. Leads the installation of safety devices on machinery,
or direct device installation. Review plans and specifications for
construction of new machinery, equipment and facilities to
determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Lead and/or manage the investigation of industrial accidents,
injuries or occupational diseases to determine root cause and
implementation of preventative measures. Report or review findings
from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or
- Reviews proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and
standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering
principles and practices, and recommends technical changes as
needed. Develops and implements new or revised occupational safety
policies, guidelines and standards. Participates in the development
of Health & Safety functional strategy.
- Leads Health & Safety initiatives related to Corporate
acquisitions. Leads highly complex multi-disciplinary project teams
to design and implement EHS related projects. Project management
includes high technical ability for design, selection of team
members, budget management, cost estimating and accountability for
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Environmental Science, Environmental
Policy, Environmental Studies, Occupational Safety and Health
Management or another related field. Graduate level degree in a
related field highly desired.
- CSP, CIH or other professional certification preferred.
- 8+ years of multi-site / business level work experience
required, preferably in a metals or similar industry.
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex, multi-disciplinary
EHS projects / project teams.
- Experience with air pollutant sampling, air pump sampling,
sound measuring apparatus, respirator fit testing.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, applicable
Federal, State and Local EHS laws.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor.
- The ideal candidate will require strong written and verbal
communication skills, excellent interpersonal and relationship
building abilities and be well organized and able to prioritize
tasks and make appropriate decisions. Ability to work in a
fast-paced and every changing work environment.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and
ability to resolve conflicts.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, Philadelphia , Corporate Safety Program Manager, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!