Assistant Director Of Finance
Company: Le Meridien Philadelphia
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Location: US-PA-Philadelphia# of Openings: 1Category:
Accounting/FinancePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
Originally a YMCA, our hotel is housed in a 10-story Georgian
revival-style structure with intriguing historical flair, located
in the heart of the city's business district and less than one
block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Striking features
and architectural detail awaken the eye: a skylight allows for the
play of natural light to our 75-foot central atrium courtyard,
while an airy restaurant/bar with graceful archways and classic
woodwork brings endless possibility.
Our associates receive a free hot meal per shift, discounted SEPTA
passes, weekly treat carts, monthly General Manager Roundtables and
a great referral program. The ability to travel expands as our
associates can take advantage of the employee discounted travel
rewards program. Come join our family at the Le Meridien
Assist Director of Finance in directing the financial activities of
the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial
reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
- Perform all accounting functions in the event assistance is
- Effectively schedule, monitor, and evaluate controllable
departmental expenditures to stay within the restraints of the
established budget through: labor management and purchasing control
- Establish and monitor scheduling of all accounting associates,
including Night Audit.
- Schedule personnel consistent with the volume of business and
- Effectively plan in order to meet demands of both guests and
Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time
frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet
HEI Corporate requirements.
- Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
- Participate in and critique asset inventories.
- Maintain records storage area in compliance with record
retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
- Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any
other applicable tax liabilities.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Flow
- Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including
collection calls as needed.
- Ensure the A/R aging percentages are in compliance with
- Verify credit cards are processed every night by night
- Verify cash deposits are made timely.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Assist Director of Finance with the Reconciliation of balance
sheet accounts each period.
- Review any problem accounts with Director of Finance and adjust
entries to the general ledger.
Management of Department
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside
- Train associates in job responsibilities.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- One year experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and
- Knowledge of Hotel Financial Statements and reconciliation of A
and L accounts.
- B.S. in Accounting.
- Analytical approach to problems with high regard for detail and
- Sound administrative and managerial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills
- Have proficient training, coaching and counseling
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Le Meridien Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Assistant Director Of Finance, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!