Manager of Web Technologies
Company: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted on: November 11, 2019
1300 MKT - Wanamaker Building Req ID: 28818
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time JOB
The Manager of Web Technologies provides management and oversight
with regard to the planning, development, implementation and
ongoing support of a specified portfolio of information technology
applications in alignment and collaboration with the specified
The Manager of Web Technologies manages a team of IS Developers,
Systems Engineers, and Analysts to identify, develop, test, train,
implement, and support technical solutions to meet the web, mobile,
and CRM application needs of The Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia (CHOP). The Manager works closely with all business
units and all levels of employees to deliver solutions that deliver
values to the stakeholders.
* Establishes yearly operational goals and tactical plans in
alignment with key customers, IS and the organization as a
* Facilitates evaluation of proposed work for the applications
* Develops and manages product roadmaps for applications within the
team s portfolio.
* Works with Sr. Director and key stakeholders to prioritize
requests and develop resource plan accordingly.
Application Development and Support
* Responsible for the design, coding, testing, debugging,
documentation, delivery and support of internal and external
* Works at highest technical advisory level on the most difficult
analysis and design assignments while considering cost, impact to
the business and risk. Provides timelines for completion and meets
* Schedules, assigns, directs, reviews, supervises and manages the
Application Development Team in an Agile environment.
* Leads application support functions and develops processes to
ensure system reliability, stability, data integrity and
* Establishes service level agreements with customers and
operational level agreements with other IS service units.
* Ensures that processes are in place to identify and resolve
* Coordinates activities of the support team to maintain service
levels and resolve issues.
* Creates and communicates metrics against support goals.
* Manages work request intake, scoping and scheduling.
Systems and DevOps Engineering
* Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and
support of on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure (Linux and
Windows) that houses team s portfolio of applications.
* Works with developers on team, other IS development and
engineering teams, Sr. Director, and IS leadership to identity,
assess, select, implement, and support tools and utilities needed
for systems and DevOps processes.
* Defines and promotes DevOps practices across the
* Develops documented procedures for management of systems and
environments. Implements and enforces procedural standards.
* Maintains system documentation for current technical environment
and system configuration.
* Develops communications including weekly/monthly status reports,
project team meetings, regular meetings with the key stakeholders,
and various governance bodies.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
Application Life Cycle Management
* Manages the development and deployment of new applications,
systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
within the defined portfolio.
* Reviews and analyzes existing application effectiveness and
efficiency, and develops strategies for improving or leveraging
* Ensures that processes exist and are used to design, develop and
install enhancements and patches/upgrades to systems and
application software per the vendor s recommendations and in line
with CHOP requirements.
* Communicates regularly with product vendors to understand roadmap
and plan necessary adjustments to CHOP strategy in alignment with
the business owners.
* Researches, evaluates, and recommends software applications and
application development tools for purchase and deployment to meet
IS and organizational goals including conducting feasibility
studies within defined portfolio.
* Ensures that projects meet business requirements and goals, and
fulfill end-user requirements.
* Provides technical leadership to project managers and team
members working projects.
* Supports CHOP's project management methodology.
* Participates in the software development life cycle including but
not limited to key sign-offs for design reviews, code reviews, and
* Efficiently manages resource allocations to projects.
* Enforces IT best practices in quality assurance and change
* Supports and facilitates change management processes necessary to
ensure segregation of duties, quality testing, and auditable
promotion of changes through the development, QA and production
* Manages budget for assigned cost center.
* Participates in the annual IT planning and budgeting processes
for project, support, and maintenance activities. JOB
* Develops trusting customer relationships to ensure customer
* Participates in steering committees and programs to educate and
inform CHOP management and business users of system capabilities.
Leverages these groups to understand requirements.
* Efficiently manages resource allocations to projects, application
maintenance, and work requests based on service level agreements
and organization priorities.
* Effectively leads, manages, motivates and technically evaluates
the team in achieving their goals.
* Promotes the development and productivity of individual group
* Develops a culture of inter-group and inter-departmental teamwork
with frequent communication.
* Monitors resource work efforts, performs resource capacity
planning, assigns work to resources, estimates new resource needs,
justifies and requests resources.
* Performs recruitment and hiring. Performs consultant selection
and consultant management.
* Implements cross-training plans, sharing knowledge across the
Vendor and Contract Management
* Reviews all new contracts and contract renewals for supported
* Participates in contract term and pricing negotiations. Tracks
renewal dates, and engages in contract re-negotiation.
* Ensures that statements of work are thorough, complete and in
compliance with CHOP SOW standards.
* Ensures vendor is providing services as stipulated in our
maintenance and service contract.
* Ensures tracking of application licensing.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Manager of Web Technologies, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!