Manager, Human Resources Business Partner/Training & Development
Location: East Brunswick
Posted on: August 24, 2019
The people leadership role of Manager, HRBP Training & Development
is a member of the Human Resources team and will be responsible for
working closely with the CPO/HR Team and executive team to build,
foster, and sustain the company's culture by leading the design,
development, and delivery of learning and development programs and
experiences, as well as HR initiatives that align with the
organization's most pressing business challenges and talent skill
gaps. This is accomplished by developing and managing a
comprehensive learning strategy that incorporates a build, buy or
lease approach to deliver on the company's commitment to staff
development and continuous learning. Additionally, serving as the
HRBP for a segment of the business.
The role will lead a team of five executive assistants supporting
the executive team to align the roles and contributions across the
business and to support their development, growth and effectiveness
as a team.
- Business Partnership: Function as a trusted advisor to the
leadership team, by building relationships and providing thoughtful
counsel to support organization strategy and initiatives. Partner
effectively across the business to understand and anticipate needs,
advise on solutions and prioritize and execute projects.
- Talent Development: Identify talent development needs and
implement solutions to support the overall effectiveness of the
business and to increase employee engagement. This will be done by
conducting needs assessments, developing curriculum, communicating
learning activities to the organization, delivering in-house
training sessions, as well as evaluating and recommending both
internal and external training resources. Analyze the success and
effectiveness of training programs and track enrollment data.
Examples of training topics may include: Conflict Management,
Giving & Receiving Feedback, Coaching, and Interviewing
- HRIS / Learning Management Systems: Explore the latest trends
in learning, new technologies, adult learning principles, and
vendors in the marketplace and best practices for implementation.
Partner in the identification of an LMS to maintain an internal
platform for posting of training information, including videos,
articles, and calendar of learning events. Provide updates and
status reports of program activity to leadership upon
- Lead & Collaborate with Administrative Team: Provide leadership
for the Executive Assistants supporting the executive team.
Collaborate with the team to align the administrative support for
the enterprise and optimize their contribution and support of the
business. Coach, develop and manage performance to enable the
growth and development of the team.
- Leadership & Influence: Coach the leadership team to improve
their capabilities and ability to address organizational needs.
Foster an innovative and learning environment through coaching,
mentoring and providing ongoing feedback. Establish clear intent
and lead through a partnership with effective cross-functional
planning, design, and communication ,with an outcome of
sustainable, scalable talent, infrastructure and processes.Provide
guidance on workforce planning including career development and
- HR Programs: Facilitate HR programs and initiatives within
assigned functions, and occasionally lead enterprise or
cross-functional HR programs and initiatives. Provide expertise on
HR policies and programs, as well as contribute to the creation or
improvement of policies and programs.
- Employee Lifecycle: Provide coaching and guidance to managers
and employees throughout the employee lifecycle, including hiring,
onboarding, managing employee relations, driving employee
development and employee offboarding.
- HR Projects: Consult with the business and HR team to deliver
on various ad-hoc projects as needed.
- HR Budget: Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery
commitments are met, including developing a training budget and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We are a growing organization and need
team members who thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
Flexibility and a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity,
while managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced,
innovative organization is required.
- Customer Focus: A demonstrated track record of proactively
engaging leaders and employees at all levels with a strong degree
of professional maturity and the ability to influence outcomes is
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written
skills with an ability to effectively work with all levels of the
organization and leadership styles. Strong business acumen with
proven experience translating business needs into actions that will
move the business forward.
- Enthusiasm: High energy level and a driving since of urgency
with a continuous improvement mindset along with a strong desire
and ability to mentor and coach employees is required.
Minimum education and work experience:
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational
Development or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Training & Development experience with at
least 3 years in the capacity of a Training & Development Manager -
both in terms of leading a team as well as driving a vision and
strategy for learning and development. Thorough understanding and
knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Extensive practice in designing and supplying a variety of
training styles. Demonstrable experience with distance and
self-service/e-learning course design, platforms and
- HR Business Partner experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and
ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Outlook & Sharepoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving capability
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, seeking answers
when necessary and motivated to seek out areas of improvement and
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing
workload and adapting to changes
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior management experience leading professional administrative
- Experience with various learning platforms is highly
- HR Business Partner experience supporting corporate functions
is highly desirable
- Prior experience in an administrative or coordinator position
supporting executive team
TRAVEL (%) Approximately 25-35% of travel required
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace
and celebrate our employees' differences. We are committed to
building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Somos, Philadelphia , Manager, Human Resources Business Partner/Training & Development, Executive , East Brunswick, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!