Sales & Use Tax Manager
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Section 1: Position Summary
This position will be responsible for the sales and use tax
reporting for Ascensus.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of
all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against
unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved
disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People
Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always-- should be visible in
your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our
- Prepare and/or review state and local sales and use tax returns
with all related supporting documentation for assigned
- Maintain and update the various sales and use tax matrices for
changes in taxing jurisdictions maintained by the Company.
- Coordinate and maintain technical resources including outside
tax specialists as needed.
- Provide technical support to other departments, such as Legal
and IT, for application of sales and use tax for contracts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for items taxed incorrectly and
include supporting documentation.
- Review Accounts Payable invoices, fixed asset purchases, and
other documents as needed for use tax accrual determination.
- Research state/local sales and use tax regulations using tax
research libraries and other technical resources to determine
taxability of products and services not found on Company tax
- Reconcile balance sheet tax accounts monthly to ensure the
accuracy of sales and use tax accounts.
- Assist Finance and Tax staff with questions on invoice review
and tax preparation to facilitate monthly return processing.
- Maintain Tax Registrations Log with status and prepare new tax
registrations as required.
- Maintain sales and use tax filing calendars.
- Assist in the tax integration process for acquisitions and
legal entity restructuring.
- Investigate sales and use tax notices and prepare
correspondence as needed. Update Notices Log with status.
- Manage sales and use tax audits.
- Oversee Vertex software updates and generate monthly rates and
tax accrual reports as needed.
- Set up tax return e-filing and electronic payment on state
websites as needed.
- Train new staff on Tax department processes and preparation of
- Assist with tax planning and identification I implementation of
tax savings opportunities.
- Review selected vendors and tax law changes for potential
refunds and assist with preparing refund petitions.
- Oversee other special projects related to sales and use tax
- Perform other duties as required or as directed.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- PC skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Oracle and Vertex reporting experiences a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA a plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the
largest US independent retirement and college savings services
provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by
sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with
transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you
get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million
Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry,
religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status,
disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis
prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative
action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women,
minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable
Keywords: Ascensus, Philadelphia , Sales & Use Tax Manager, Executive , Dresher, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!