Human Resources Manager
Company: New Foundations Charter School
Posted on: January 15, 2019
The mission of the New Foundations Charter School is to provide students with the academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high achieving, socially competent stewards of their communities. The founders of the New Foundations Charter School will ensure a commitment to lifelong learning and achievement of all our students by creating an atmosphere of caring that pervades every aspect of school life and promotes attachment to and responsibility for all members of our school community.
Founded by Sheryl Perzel and Paul Stadelberger, New Foundations Charter School opened in 2000, serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade. The school has expanded over time and in 2010 began its high school program. The school now educates 1,500 students in grades K-12 in two three-story buildings that are within a two-minute walk from each other.
In 2018, with the transition to new leadership in 2018, the school embarked on a strategic planning process to craft a vision for its future. - Part of this process is rethinking our approach to the staff experience. - The new Human Resources Manager, New Foundations' first, will be an organizational leader, working with staff across the organization to execute on this new approach.
About the Position -
The Human Resources Manager will design, review, revise and implement our talent recruitment, selection, hiring, on-boarding, professional development, evaluation, compensation and benefits and separation-from-service processes. - This individual will both lead and help us realize our vision for an optimal staff experience at New Foundations', one that allows us to most effectively pursue our mission while providing a rewarding professional experience for our staff. -
The Human Resources Manager at New Foundations Charter School is expected to:
- embrace our mission and embody our vision for New Foundations' future;
- exhibit initiative and demonstrate a solutions-oriented mindset;
- have a track record of success and achievement within an environment of limited resources;
- welcome the opportunity to be constantly challenged to grow, learn and improve;
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer-service skills;
- be a team player;
- have exceptional organizational and administrative skills;
- possess a minimum of 5 years' experience in human resources, training, learning and development and/or operations;
- possess a bachelor's degree;
- Master's degree, SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification, and/or prior experience working in K-12 education a plus.
- Design and manage organization position-control systems and partner with hiring managers regarding how to most effectively meet staffing needs.
- Collaboratively design, implement and improve organization talent recruitment systems, effectively communicating with internal hiring managers.
- Effectively market New Foundations to potential employment candidates.
- Manage employment candidate relationships from initial recruitment through new employee on-boarding.
- Review and manage organization processes regarding communicating job responsibilities, feedback, coaching and formal performance evaluations to ensure the effective professional growth and accountability of every staff member.
- Review and manage organization processes regarding Pennsylvania Department of Education-mandated licensing and clearances.
- Ensure effective implementation of and compliance with the High School Collective Bargaining Agreement, including supporting negotiations at the time of contract renewal, working with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to managers regarding employee corrective action processes.
-Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Design, review, revise and manage organization compensation policies and procedures, ensuring accurate, effective, efficient and timely internal communications.
- Perform annual regional labor market compensation and benefit analyses.
- Work with our contracted financial services company to assist in the coordination of employee health, dental, prescription, vision and other benefits policies and procedures, ensuring accurate, effective, efficient and timely communications with all stakeholders.
Human Resources Services
- Coordinate acquisition, implementation and management a new Human Resource Information System.
- Maintain and regularly update all employee paper and electronic files in an accurate, effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Provide reports to internal and external stakeholders, including compliance reports to charter authorizing entities, as requested.
- Do whatever else is necessary or requested to provide students with the academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high achieving, socially competent stewards of their communities.
-Apply through Zip Recruiter:
Keywords: New Foundations Charter School, Philadelphia , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!