DAS Construction Manager
Company: Centerline Communications
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Centerline Communications LLCLevel ExperiencedJob Location Philadelphia , PA - Philadelphia, PAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage Up to 50% Job Shift DayJob Category ConstructionCompany Overview Who We Are
Centerline Communications, LLC works with all the major wireless operators and equipment manufacturers in the U.S. and leaders in the industry ecosystem. It is a full-service operation, specializing in the development, construction and maintenance of wireless telecommunications networks. Centerline Communications, LLC's success in the telecommunications infrastructure industry is built on a foundation of highly experienced management and staff who embrace responsibility and an unwavering commitment to clients. In less than a decade, the company has grown from 5 to more than 225 employees, covering 32 states, with offices in three major cities in the U.S.
Position Centerline Communications LLC, is seeking is a DAS Construction Manager to lead multiple fast paced telecommunication projects in the NY/NJ/PA market. The Construction Manager is responsible for deploying, coordinating and managing the successful implementation of DAS Construction projects. The ideal candidate will show high energy, be focused, result-orientated and be a highly driven individual. You will work with an existing team of construction managers, electricians, and techs. All data for projects is managed on a cloud-based platform that allows real time access to information. The chosen candidate will report both in person and via daily/weekly calls to our Project Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance to the project.
- Interface with home office management, solve field technical problems with the help of home office management.
- Coordinate work with other field supervisors and set priorities for the staff.
- Develop heavy lift plans, select cranes and rigging for lifts.
- Conduct inspection of the field work, perform site walks, develop punch lists, and mark up drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
- Prepare / answer RFIs, Field Change Notices, and Field Work Orders.
- Assure field work is compliant with federal, state and local codes and standards in mind.
- Assist in obtaining local permits and construction licenses.
- Interpret client needs and assess requirements, plan and deploy resources to meet the project requirements.
- Manage performance of team members, mentor/guide team members.
- Must be familiar with current DAS technologies and testing standards.
- Support the DAS team on bidding and SOW development for subcontractors and internal resources.
- Assist with closeout paperwork preparation and submission to client.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The willingness to be self-motivated and have the ability to work
- Must be capable of construction planning, execution and cost control.
- Must be capable of developing effective technical solutions to the field problems.
- Ability to read blue prints & iBwave drawings and perform site surveys
- Ability to read and understand project schedules, experience with MS Project is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of OTDR, Spectrum Analyzer (Anritsu), Signal Generator and similar test equipment.
- Thorough understanding of CAT 5/ Fiber/ Coax (1/2"+) installation, including sweep testing of coax & fiber.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger/handle/feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. Occasionally the work requires the employee to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Frequently the employee is required to lift or carry up to 10 or 25 lbs., and occasionally up to 50lbs. The employee needs to have good vision for close work, distance, color discrimination, peripheral, and depth perception.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of relevant experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of construction engineering work processes
- A background of RF theory, specifically as it applies to DAS installations is a plus.
- Experience installing & managing DAS installations.
- Experience commissioning, optimizing & troubleshooting DAS systems.
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel as well as other Microsoft Office programs
The Construction Manager is responsible for closely supervising and assisting with the construction and testing of telecommunication sites. The Construction Manager will need to be able to lead experienced technicians, as well as train new technicians, while maintaining safe productive job sites.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- Make regular trips to the site to monitor progress.
- This position could require travel and extended stays at site locations. Approximately 50% of the time depending on site locations.
Keywords: Centerline Communications, Philadelphia , DAS Construction Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!