System Engineering Manager
Company: Refresco North America
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Make a Difference in YOUR Career! Our vision is both simple and
ambitious: to put our drinks on every table. We are the leading
global independent beverage solutions provider. We serve a broad
range of national and international retailers as well as Global,
National and Emerging (GNE) brands. Our products are distributed
worldwide from our production sites in Europe, North America, and
Australia. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels
of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading
this while sipping one of our drinks. Our ambition is to
continually improve and it's what keeps us at the top of our game.
We are solutions-based. We are innovative. We seek out new
challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it's
our people's too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast-moving
industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries
of what's best. Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on
every table? Position Description The Systems Engineering Manager
works as a Service Account Manager in a multi-site (2-4 locations)
role. Working as a Service Account Manager (SAM), the Systems
Engineer is responsible for the development and submittal of all
capital projects in his/her facilities of responsibility. In doing
so, this position will drive consistency in capex inputs, document
format, and streamlining of the approval process. They will also be
expected to successfully develop multiple capital projects
supporting new products and processes, operating efficiency
improvement, and waste elimination projects. Review Maintenance
Service Agreements and Permits. This position is critical in aiding
in standardization in machinery and equipment selection. The
Systems Engineering Manager is present on major breakdowns in their
locations and provides technical support and drives recovery as
well as reviewing RCA. Finally, the Systems Engineering Manager
plays a vital role in the transition from the corporate project
team on large capital projects. The Systems Engineering Manager is
the conduit from the Project Team to the Plant ownership of all the
machinery and equipment involved in these large projects. Their
role will one that assures the project delivers on all the
previously established deliverables at the project outset. They
will manage the final Punch list and the eventual close out of the
project. Essential Functions
- Actively manage all on-site (3rd party) personnel activities
over the course of Refresco projects. This will include OEM
technicians, contractors, and potentially internal Refresco
- Ensure safe, timely execution of all tasks.
- Initiates appropriation requests, purchase orders, and
contracts as required.
- Ensures that all designs and activities comply with all
applicable codes, regulations and standards; OSHA, NEC,
State/local, and other safety guidelines and maintains company
drawings and technical records.
- Works with Product Development to ensure best fit between
existing processes and new products; provides leadership in scaling
up products for commercial production.
- Identifies opportunities to improve machine safety, plant
performance, product quality and employee welfare, provides
leadership in developing and implementing practical solutions, and
participates in long-range capital planning.
- Enforce the compliance to all Refresco specifications and
expectations supporting Clean Design and food processing
- Provide leadership and project management, defining control
strategies, directing programming resources, and coordinating
electrical resources for capital projects.
- Ensure compliance with all.
- Document, track, manage, and close out installation- and
OEM-related punch list items throughout the install and initial
- Execute small to medium scale projects, managing budget,
schedule, and cost as defined in the approved capital project
document and initiates appropriation requests, purchase orders, and
contracts as required.
- Lead all communication with plant personnel throughout the
execution of the project
- Share best practices across facilities in the network
- Drive capital investments that increase the facility
- Take point for all capex submittals providing a standard format
and consistent methodology for development.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and
line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to
diagnose malfunctions, using modern testing instruments and
equipment Requirements Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field plus five (5)
years of project and/or Plant Engineering Management experience
required. Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Three (3) years in Food Processing, including Thermal Processes
- PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Project, AutoCAD, Excel, and other standard
programs and systems for updating, modifying, and reporting project
- Knowledge and experience of Automation and Controls systems
- Knowledge of facility equipment, construction, automated
equipment, water processing, waste management equipment, and
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple trades to detect
issues/opportunities regarding progress to schedule, workload and
manpower, materials, etc. Position-specific skills:
- Ability to initiate, compile, analyze and provide accurate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Spanish as a 2nd language is preferred
but not required.
- Ownership - is eager to take ownership of responsibilities; can
and does think independently to excel in role; takes ownership of
- Results Focus - exhibits commitment to goals and consistently
delivers results; demonstrates personal initiative and independent
motivation to achieve goals and objectives; takes risks when
necessary; undaunted by obstacles.
- Communication - relates well to people; builds rapport along
all dimensions of organization; resolves conflicts; provides clear
directions and information.
- Customer Focus - understands and meets needs of customers and
business partners; builds positive customer relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills - breaks down problems and
generates a range of solutions; thinks outside the box and uses
ideas of others to help develop solutions; acts and evaluates
results of actions. A Career with Refresco Refresco offers a
competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, which include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Well-being benefits
- Discount programs Join Refresco TODAY and enjoy a rewarding
CAREER! Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits a
r--sum-- to this career site or a hiring manager does so with the
understanding that the applicant's r--sum-- will become the
property of Refresco Beverages, Inc. Refresco Beverages, Inc. will
have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any
fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.
Employment agencies that have agreements with Refresco Beverages,
Inc., and have been engaged in a search shall submit r--sum-- to
the designated Refresco recruiter or, upon authorization, submit
r--sum-- to this career site to be eligible for placement
Keywords: Refresco North America, Philadelphia , System Engineering Manager, Executive , Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!