Help Desk Manager
Company: The Philadelphia Museum of Art
Posted on: November 19, 2023
We Are Committed to an Inclusive WorkplaceAt the Philadelphia
Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people
who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage
individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from
marginalized and underrepresented groups in the museum field, who
are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working
collaboratively with others.We are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or
immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
veteran status, or any other protected status.How You Will
ContributeThe Help Desk Manager has a key role in managing the
museum's support services. The Help Desk Manager will have the
responsibility of developing a help desk practice that utilizes
technology to deliver secure and reliable systems. This includes
developing a technical support team that is capable and motivated
to guide museum staff through technical challenges while adhering
to organizational standards and practices. This role acts as the
face of the help desk, establishing trusted relationships with
museum staff and providing leadership in the day-to-day use of
technologies. Success in this role requires the candidate to act
with responsibility and initiative, and without the need for daily
direction. Specifically, you will:
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the technical support
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of IT support technicians,
fostering a collaborative and customer-focused environment.
- Set clear performance expectations and conduct regular
- Develop and improve our standards, processes, and efficiencies
of service delivery, ensuring timely and high-quality support to
- Oversee all aspects of authentication, endpoint hardware &
software, endpoint management solutions.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Function as an escalation point to diagnose, analyze, and
resolve issues on the various systems and applications throughout
- Identify solutions and initiate implementations/strategies that
improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the help desk.
- Utilize and expand the use of automation tools to deliver OS
deployments and Application installations.
- Instill a climate of teamwork, accountability, and commitment
- Provide both technical and administrative support for projects
such as product implementations, workflow development, software
upgrades, desktop rollouts, and migration of user data.
- Oversee ticket queues to ensure proper services levels are
- Manage hardware lifecycle programs and license renewals.
- Manage desktop/mobile platforms and utilize these systems to
enforce and maintain configuration policies.
- Stay updated on the latest IT trends, software, and hardware
technologies to provide guidance and mentorship to the help desk
- Function as a face of the help desk, managing all aspects of
the help desk scope to minimize escalation to other
- As with many IT positions, this role requires oversight of an
after-hours support queue, periodic after-hours work and emergency
response.Your background and experience include:
- Minimum of four years of recent personnel management experience
in a technical field
- Minimum of four years of recent hands-on experience in a help
desk support function
- Minimum of two years of experience managing an enterprise-level
desktop/mobile management system in a 500+ node environment. (i.e.,
Intune, SCCM, SolarWinds, N-Able, LabTech, Kace, JAMF, etc.)
- Personnel management: Conflict resolution, performance
evaluations, goal setting
- Creating/maintaining proactive hardware and software
- Strong technical skills relevant to a desktop/mobile
environment (M365, MFA, Azure, Intune, Windows, Mac, MDM, PC
Hardware, VOIP, Imaging, Mobile etc.)
- Product evaluation and implementation experience
- Experience balancing an elevated level of support requests and
assigning tickets to various staff with differing technical
- Identifying, classifying, and tracking high priority support
- Communicating issues to management that are not resolved within
typical/expected resolution times/SLAs.Highly Desired Skillsets:
- ITIL, ITSM
- Implementation of IT Service Management platforms
- Industry certifications (A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL,
Microsoft, Cisco, Project Management)
- Experience developing staff skillset matrixes and utilizing
them to identify gaps in expertise, recommend training, and overall
increase staff skillsets.
- The desire and ability to help your staff increase their
technical abilities through training, knowledge sharing, etc.
- The ability to find humor in the daily challenges a help desk
faces and help your team manage stressful situations.Position and
- The minimum salary for this position is $75,000.
- This position is FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, and 35 hours per week.
- This position reports to the Associate Director of Systems and
- Physical requirements:
- Able to remain stationary for extended periods of time, to
utilize computers and other office equipment required of this job,
to perform physically administrative duties in a typical interior
office environment, gallery, or exhibit space, and to access most
public and staff areas of the museum campus.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Background check required after a conditional job offer is
made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the
requirements of the job.Application TimelineApplications will be
reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage candidates to apply early
as the position will close once we have a robust applicant pool or
a candidate has been selected.What We OfferOur employees are at the
center of the museum. As an employee, you will have access to
numerous museum perks including, but not limited to:
- Free general admission to the museum for you and your immediate
- Discounted guest tickets for admission
- Discounts on gift memberships
- Special staff tours and presentations from our curatorial and
- Discounts at the museum restaurant, museum caf--s, and museum
retail and online storesWe offer a comprehensive benefits package
for employees* including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully paid short-term disability insurance, long-term
disability insurance, and life insurance
- Health savings or flexible spending account program
- Retirement savings program with museum match
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and
holidays*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on a variety of
factors including the employee's regular schedule and tenure.
Keywords: The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia , Help Desk Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!