Associate Clinical Director Ambulatory -Advanced Practice at Penn Medicine
Company: Penn Medicine
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Reporting to the Senior Clinical Director in the Department of Medicine (DOM), and an indrect reporting relationship to the CPUP Director of Advanced Practice, the Associate Clinical Director supports DOM Leadership in attracting and developing a team of highly capable, committed Advanced Practice Providers (APPs); shares a passion for patient and customer centered care and ensures the financial health and long-term sustainability of the department, entity, and UPHS. The Associate Clinical Director will provide infrastructure, role definition, and leadership direction for the APPs by developing and communicating goals, monitoring achievement, and revising operational plan s as needed. The Associate Clinical Director plans, develops, implements, and provides operational direction of APPs, partnering closely with Directors of Operations , Division Administrators, and Medical Directors . This individual will have responsibility for APP orientation, professional practice model, and productivity. This individual is expected to maintain a proportion of their time providing patient-facing clinical care within their division, dependent upon the needs of the department.
- Ensures that APPs are clear in their job responsibilities and working at the top of their license.
- Practice Model:
- Provides vision, guidance, and active support in establishing a practice model that optimizes the role of the APP, with the goal of great patient experience, positive outcomes, and organizational growth.
- Oversight for APP recruitment, in collaboration with DOM and Human Resources . Includes participation in the interviewing and selection processes. Collaborate with Human Resources in all aspects of the recruitment life cycle. Participate in annual strategic workforce planning efforts for APPs, turnover, and growth.
- Promotes a culture of professionalism amongst APPs across DOM .
- Advises APP leaders in the performance management process of APPs to address performance issues immediately and directly through appropriate investigative channels. Communicates with appropriate stakeholders regarding APP issues and ensures counsel complies with legal and state/federal regulations and UPHS policy.
- Development of APPs to optimize productivity (time allocation policy, schedule utilization) , engagement, patient experience , and quality metrics. Networks regularly with APPs across the department , organizing opportunities for group discussion.
- Partnership with departmental and divisional leadership on APP compensation models (Base pay, Incentives, Moonlighting)
- Partnership with divisional and practice leadership to ensure appropriate orientation plans for APP's including on-boarding, post-hire meet & greets, first year engagement and retention , mentorship and development programs.
- Partners with other UPHS Advanced Practice leadership and the Department of Nursing Education, Innovation, & Professional Development to develop orientation programs for new-to-practice APPs.
- Direct/Indirect supervision of APP Clinical Leaders within the department
- Oversight of APP credentialing within the Department
- Participates in the career development and annual performance reviews of APP Clinical leaders
- Collaborates with Finance and Operations to establish and maintain productivity standards for APPs
- Ensures that licenses and collaborative agreements are maintained for all APPs, per state guidelines
- Maintains fluency in the EMR to optimize workflows
- Interfaces with the Advanced Practice leadership across CPUP to ensure consistency across Penn Medicine
Master of Arts or Science (Required) with 5+ years of recent APP experience with demonstrated clinical competence and professional accountability and 1+ year of prior leadership experience (including prior employee relations experience) and comprehensive knowledge of state regulations, legislation, and licensure requirements for APPs
RN or PA-C or CRNP or CNM (Required)
Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Penn Medicine, Philadelphia , Associate Clinical Director Ambulatory -Advanced Practice at Penn Medicine, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
here to apply!