Chief Marketing Officer (hybrid)
Company: Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has
an opening for aCHIEF MARKETING OFFICER The Jewish Federation of
Greater Philadelphia, a dynamic and growing organization, is
seeking a creative, energetic and strategic Chief Marketing Officer
to create and implement a bold marketing vision and multi-year
marketing strategy, to bolster our position as the premier
philanthropic center and convener for the Jewish Community in the
Greater Philadelphia region. As the steward of Federation's brand,
you will work with a talented team of marketing, communications,
public relations, Events and social media staff to implement the
organization's strategy. The Chief Marketing Officer will oversee a
department of 12 employees and will be a critical member of the
Executive Team. This position will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities of the Chief Marketing Officer include:
- Inspire, train and lead department staff to create impactful
marketing and communication strategies for the organization and our
key initiatives, as well as, monitoring and reporting the results
of these efforts.
- Lead Communications team in creating a best-in-class social
media presence that empowers stakeholders to spread the Federation
- Develop and measure key metrics to ensure that Federation's
message is being delivered to target audiences including user
acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates and satisfaction
- Develop and maintain effective messages and a solid and
consistent brand for the Federation; one that will resonate with
internal and external audiences.
- Continuously monitor and review the performance of marketing
efforts to ensure that the message is being delivered to target
- Develop and maintain a proactive public relations function to
reinforce the brand and ensure consistency of communications to all
- Work with external partners on co-branding to ensure Federation
and its brand are well represented in the community.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to develop exciting
marketing strategies for the Jewish Community Fund, Endowments and
ongoing donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Ensure that materials and promotion initiatives, including
advertising and donor communications are produced and disseminated
in an effective manner to maximize fundraising results.
- Work with the Fundraising department to deploy marketing and
communication techniques to achieve and surpass Annual Campaign and
- Integrate the organization's product line with fundraising
materials and tactics.
- Along with the Jewish Federation's CEO and Board Co-Presidents,
serve as a key spokesperson for the organization to community
agencies, synagogues, other Philadelphia community organizations,
including the press and government agencies and
- Engage in ongoing work with executive leadership to identify
and refine institutional goals and objectives.
- Identify, and stay abreast of industry trends to incorporate
best practices into Federation's strategies, programs and
- Present long and short-term marketing strategies and plans to
the executive team for discussion and approval.
- Train staff and volunteers in the most effective and innovative
- Will oversee the Events department and ensure that events are
relevant to business needs and produce an appropriate return on
- Integrate the organization's product line with fundraising
materials and techniques. Requirements:
- High level knowledge in marketing, communications and general
management, with at least 10+ years of progressive, related
- Ability to think and work strategically, and be a big-picture
- In-depth knowledge of market research, advertising, media,
sales promotion and other marketing techniques, group
communications, public relations and the selling of
- Proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that
will drive and increase fundraising revenue.
- High level of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative. Proven track record of working collaboratively
in a fast-paced environment with highly skilled executive
- Demonstrated success in leveraging social media to grow a brand
(ideally, a non-profit brand).
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with demonstrated
success with large-scale project management.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills to sustain
performance, encourage employee growth and success and maintain a
mutually supportive working environment
- Proven ability to respond to community and internal crises
efficiently and effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work
effectively with Federation executives and volunteers, other
Federation staff, and external audiences.
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate staff.
- Qualified candidates should be able and available to work a
hybrid work schedule, of at least 2 days per week in the
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available for in-person
meetings and events that may take place during the evening hours
and on weekends. Overview Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a
hybrid work schedule, medical, dental, vision, prescription drug
program, life insurance, generous paid time off and 403b retirement
savings program. Our Mission The Jewish Federation of Greater
Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address
the communities' most critical priorities locally, in Israel and
around the world. Commitment to Diversity We deeply value the
diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people
from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions.
This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of
Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming
people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications
from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural
Keywords: Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, Philadelphia , Chief Marketing Officer (hybrid), Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!