Credit Risk Manager - Consumer Lending
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SoFi's Credit team manages credit risk activities for our lending
and credit products (Student Loan Refinance, Private Student Loan,
Personal Loan, Credit Card, and Mortgage) - including credit
strategies / policies for new account origination and portfolio
management, collections / recovery strategies, and risk and
operational data science and analytics. The team designs data
driven strategies to ensure the growth in lending is consistent
with the company's risk appetite, and helps create the products and
experience that put our members' interests first.
The Credit Risk Manager, Risk Management - Lending & Credit will
work in the Credit team and have responsibilities to analyze and
evaluate data to develop and propose value added risk strategies
for SoFi's lending and credit products including Student Loan
Refinance, Private Student Loan, Credit Card,and Personal Loan, and
complying with regulations and risk policies. The Credit Risk
Manager will partner with cross-functional teams such as Business
Unit, Capital Markets, Product, Engineering and Ops, and use the
business knowledge and analytical skills to drive revenue, control
risk, and provide value to the company and consumers. This role
will be part of the bank's first line of defense risk management,
and will report to the Risk Management Director / Senior
What you'll do:
* Innovate Bring your brightest ideas to building risk strategies.
You will architect credit underwriting, pre-screen targeting, A/B
testing, optimization and portfolio management strategies.
* Data Driven Your deep analysis will power the future of lending
and credit, using a comprehensive data ecosystem - including
multi-product internal data, credit bureaus and alternative
* Iterate, learn, innovate We are all responsible for innovation
and must embrace data-driven decisions.
* Build the Future Work collaboratively with the Data Science team
to design new models and tools.
* Control the Risk and Drive Performance Outcomes Understand credit
risk and develop approaches to mitigate loss and responsibly grow
revenue. Monitor performance of strategies and portfolios. Document
and communicate results and escalate issues as necessary. Identify
gaps/opportunities and drive actions.
* Grow, Grow, Grow! Be inspired by dynamic leaders and our rapidly
growing business. We want YOU to be an inspired leader of tomorrow,
so we are recruiting the best, brightest, and passionately
quantitative team members.
What you'll need:
* Preferred: 5+ years of consumer lending and/or credit card risk
strategy work experience
* Strong analytical skills to pull data, conduct data analysis, and
drive business results through data driven business proposals
* Proficient skills in SQL and Python
* Preferred: knowledge/skills in Decision Trees and/or Tableau
* Strong communications and presentation skills
* Ability to collaborate well with teammates and business partners
and influence business decisions
* 7+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 5+
years of related experience with a Master's or PhD degree
Keywords: SoFi, Philadelphia , Credit Risk Manager - Consumer Lending, Executive , Claymont, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!