Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Event Manager will be a key member of our team supporting
community engagement, business development, recruiting, and
education by designing and hosting a variety of outward-facing
events. This role is a growth opportunity with a tech startup to
support the software, graphics, and geospatial communities and the
local Philadelphia tech scene.
*What you'll do*:
* Design and host a calendar of creative and welcoming events
including tech conferences and summits (up to about 100 people),
industry hackathons, partner meetings, and local tech meetups
primarily using the event space in our new headquarters
* Collaborate closely with leadership to align events to company
strategy including recruiting, business development, and authentic
education in our fields
* Diligently create, propose, and track budgets
* Grow and maintain relationships with outside partners such as
industry consortiums, meetup groups, catering, entertainment,
* This role is focused on outward-facing events, but also expect to
support some team events such as holiday parties.
* Pitch in on other projects as needed; we're a startup and we
often need help in various areas as we grow
*What we're looking for*:
* 10+ years of related experience
* Related bachelor's degree or master's degree
* Highly organized and diligent with transparent and fantastic
communication in writing and in person, internally and
* A networker and relationship builder
* Tech savvy, including ability to learn GitHub
* No task too small or too big mindset
* Experience working at a growth-oriented venture-backed tech
startup is preferred
* Competitive base salary and bonus
* Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
* 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99%
coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short
term and long term disability.
* Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy
activities and lifestyle.
* Relocation Assistance Packages, up to $15,000 to make it easier
to move closer to our Philadelphia headquarters.
* Education Benefit in the form of tuition and loan
* 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
* Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture
for your remote workspace
* Enjoy 21 paid personal days, as well as additional holidays and a
winter break each year.
* Maternity and paternity leave
* Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible
* Frequent team social events
* Center city office just steps from public transit
* Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
* Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
*Cesium was awarded*
* 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia
Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
* 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by
Geospatial Media and Communications
* One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in
This role is based out of our new headquarters in Philadelphia PA.
This role will be in-person most days. Some events will be in the
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all
different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Cesium, Philadelphia , Event Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!