Client Reinsurance Ops - Accounting & Claims - Vice President
Company: North State
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Friday, August 26, 2022 BMS is an innovative independent
specialist that provides comprehensive solutions for reinsurance,
wholesale and direct insurance. We are reshaping Reinsurance
through BMS Re by aligning our interests with our clients and
enhancing their success by delivering solutions and advice that
serve their unique needs.For more information on BMS, visit us
athttps://www.bmsgroup.comor follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter. As
a Vice President of Accounting and Claims you will act as a
consultant and advisor to sales teams, clients and reinsurers on a
variety of reinsurance accounting and claim issues.Develop creative
solutions to enhanceclient service and implement processes and
procedures to improve consistency and drive efficiencies. Manage
large accounts to facilitate reinsurance accounting & claims
activity and provide technical reinsuranceexpertise. Assist
Managerwith strategy development and teammateswith training and
problem solving. How you will add value?
- Serve as Account Manager on large or complex accounts and
manage relationship between ceding companies and reinsurers.
Facilitate work stream with team members to ensure daily tasks for
client are completed timely. Work steam to include:
- Reviewing and understanding terms of reinsurance contracts and
- Timely receipt and transmittal of accounts, adjustments and
premium transactions including collection of funds and disbursement
- Prompt evaluation and processing of reinsurance claims in
accordance with contract language and company standards.
- Managing collection of funds, queries, and outstanding issues
between reinsurers and ceding companies until resolution. Conduct
timely and regular claim follow-ups.
- Evaluating clients' potential unauthorized reinsurance
penalties and obtain funding of reserves from unauthorized
- Produce and respond to written/verbal communications
effectively and appropriately within company standards.
- Travel to client and reinsurer offices as needed to support
sales teams and BMS operating units to enhance client
- Assist with coordination of client on boarding, integration,
and data transfers.
- Communicate with various technical managers and personnel:IT,
Contract Writing, Compliance/Audit, Finance, Legal, Actuarial and
- Be a technical reinsurance resource for Analysts and Senior
Analysts and assist with training.
- Work with team to develop and implement procedures and training
programs for BMS operating and production units and clients.
- Adapt quickly to rapidly changing technologies and systems.Work
with team to create effective and efficient processes and
solutions.Work with team to ensure system conversions flow
- Assume and perform specialized functions and special projects
- Willingness to attend classes, trainings and conferences to
learn new skills.
- Focused on the client relationship & safeguarding the overall
success of the BMS team We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or
university of equivalent preferably in Accounting, Finance, Math,
Economics or other similarly quantitative or analytically oriented
- Seven or more years reinsurance experience at Analyst level (or
above) or significant experience in insurance/reinsurance claims or
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both
written and verbal)
- The ability to effectively interact with all levels of
employees with good interpersonal and relationship management
- Organizational abilities, ability to meet deadlines with
attention to detail
- Analytical, problem solving capabilities with strong attention
- Forward thinker and planner; proactive and uses initiative
- Adapts and responds well to change and pressure Why BMS? We
offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
including: 401k, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, long and short-term disability, volunteer days, annual
physical and wellness incentives, and matching charitable gift
giving. *Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in
the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of
employment Visa at this time.We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Job Start Date Monday, September 19, 2022
Keywords: North State, Philadelphia , Client Reinsurance Ops - Accounting & Claims - Vice President, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!