State and Local Tax Senior Manager-Income Tax Focused
Company: Baker Tilly US, LLP
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading
advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine
coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and
top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the
world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San
Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent
member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of
independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148
territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide
revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely.
Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to
understand the requirements for an opportunity you are
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance
with applicable federal, state or local law.
#remoteResponsibilities:Baker Tilly, one of the fastest growing CPA
advisory firms in the nation, has an incredible career opportunity
for a State & Local Tax Senior Manager to join our growing State &
Local Tax (SALT) practice!
Our SALT practice is made up of 40+ professionals across the U.S.,
providing a full spectrum of services including Income & Franchise
tax, Sales & Use tax, Real & Personal Property tax, Unclaimed
Property and Voluntary Disclosure & Remediation by industry needs.
As a member of this talented team, you will help clients capitalize
on strategic ideas and planning techniques that ensure state and
local tax compliance, reduce expenses and enhance cash flow.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You like working directly with CFO's & owners of middle market
clients and SALT leaders of Fortune 500 clients to help them solve
their most complex state & local tax challenges.
- You want to continue to expand your leadership experiences and
hone your consulting skills as a comprehensive SALT professional in
areas such as, sales tax nexus, research projects, ruling requests,
process review, reverse audit, credits & incentives and property
tax. Most of your work will be consulting focused!
- You crave a leadership opportunity to help build a fast
growing, entrepreneurial State & Local tax practice who is also
down-to-earth and thrives in collaboration.
- You want to be part of firm that values specialty tax practices
and is invested in your success, providing the resources and
support for you to grow now, for tomorrow.What you'll do:
- Be a trusted advisor to middle market and Fortune 500 clients
by providing strategic state and local tax consulting services that
lower their tax rates, ensure they are in compliance and provide
value across the spectrum of state and local taxes. This includes:
- Manage multi-disciplinary, multi-state reviews that analyze
income, franchise, sales and use, payroll, valorem taxes, and
others to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and
incentives and corporate structures that can reduce the client's
- Research state tax issues including nexus determinations,
taxability analyses and quantification of potential
- Counsel clients on state and local tax controversies, including
research, drafting client correspondence, prepare ruling requests
and providing guidance in defending against state audits
- Plan and execute tax projects requiring a wide scope of
expertise, including due diligence and voluntary disclosure
- Prepare technical memoranda on state and local tax issues for
individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs
- Maintain active communication with clients and make
recommendations for business and process improvements, manage
expectations and enhance value
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing,
billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong
relationships internally and externally with clients and the
- Invest in your professional development individually and
through participation in firm wide learning and development
- Support the growth and development of team members through the
Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet
their professional goalsQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
required; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CMI or JD/LLM required
- Eight (8) + year(s) experience in state and local tax,
professional services firm experience preferred
- Five (5)+ year(s) of supervisory experience, mentoring and
counseling associates desired
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional
client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in
order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big
picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical
knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and
commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, highly
Keywords: Baker Tilly US, LLP, Philadelphia , State and Local Tax Senior Manager-Income Tax Focused, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!