Director of Sales for Hilton and Homewood Complex
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Complex Director of Sales for Hilton and Homewood Suites Wurzak
Hotel Group is a leader in vertically-integrated hospitality, and
we've successfully developed and managed a growing portfolio of top
tier branded assets throughout some of the most pivotal moments in
the last three decades- proving our position as one of the
industry's premier hotel investment groups. We are a premium hotel
portfolio and a great core management team, with hotels currently
under construction and robust acquisition pipeline, looking to
build out our above-property support functions. Mission Statement:
To deliver memorable experiences and create meaningful moments in
the lives of our guests and team members. What We Offer: Generous
PTO and Holiday Pay 401K after 1 year of employment Competitive
Wages Health Benefits after 60 Days of Employment Employee
Recognition Luncheons Job Summary: We are looking for an energetic
hotel sales professional who is interested in growing with us to
join our team as Director of Sales at our Hilton and Homewood
SuitesCity Ave hotels in Philadelphia. The Director of Sales is
responsible for maximizing the occupancy and the average daily rate
of the hotel, while upholding excellent guest service and
accommodations to all guests. This position will work closely with
the hotel's preferred accounts and group reservations. The Director
of Sales manages the sales effort and supports the General Manager
on operational issues. This position requires excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal. In addition to
proven sales success, the candidate must be able to establish and
maintain strong interpersonal relationships with various internal
and external customers to elevate the hotel to the next level.
Meeting deadlines, managing time efficiently and communicating
clearly and concisely are all critical. We believe in delivering
good news enthusiastically and bad news with a well thought out
plan of attack to fix the issue at hand. We also understand that
maximizing revenue, market share and profitability are paramount to
the success of the company, and we hold in high esteem those
professionals with the unique skill set and proven ability to do
so. If you think you could do this job, and you don't feel
appreciated today, you should definitely apply. General
- Develops and implements sales plans to accommodate corporate
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price
schedules and discounted rates.
- Directs staffing, training and performance evaluations to
develop and control sales program. Holds weekly meetings with sales
staff to review quotas, goals and in coming groups/meetings.
- Directs promotional and marketing development and coordinates
sales for targeted markets.
- Schedules all trade shows, missions and blitzes, assigning
appropriate sales representative or self.
- Establishes sales territories, quotas and goals and assigns to
- Supervises all advertising schedules and ad developments for
all markets of property.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote
hotel. Including attending trade shows and conventions.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination
with sales representative.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with
maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of sales department to
conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, weekly
sales reports, and market segment tracking report.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads,
based on information from ad inquires, trade shows, direct mail
response, business and trade journals and other sources.
- In charge of all tour operator contracts. Responsible for
developing, maintaining and growing this market segment for the
- Makes outbound lead follow up calls to potential and existing
customers by telephone and in person to qualify leads and sell
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into
- Formulates and implements plans for soliciting business.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when
communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety,
security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of
theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters
of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
- Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting
principles and practices.
- Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing
- Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics
and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual
- Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls,
appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work
- Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while
working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and
- Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and
arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator,
phone and other office equipment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on
policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under
pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within
the jurisdiction. Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing,
business, or related degree; or, equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of hotel sales related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
First name Last name Email address Phone number I would like to
receive updates about my application via SMS Address (optional)
City (optional) State/Province Were you referred by anyone?
(optional) Yes No Please add your resume 10MB limit; .pdf, .doc,
and .docx file types are accepted. ATTACH FILE Please add your
resume 10MB limit; .pdf, .doc, and .docx file types are accepted.
Please contact us if you would like to better understand our data
collection and usage policies.
Keywords: Hireology, Philadelphia , Director of Sales for Hilton and Homewood Complex, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!