Senior Membership Director - Full Time - West Philadelphia
Company: Greater Philadelphia YMCA
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Greater Philadelphia YMCA Employment Opportunity!
Hiring Immediately for our West Philadelphia YMCA Branch!!
The Senior Director position is a high-profile leadership position
that is responsible for helping the Branch Executive Director with
the overall direction, coordination, operation, and success of the
Branch. The Senior Director will ensure the Branch meets or exceeds
financial goals, while providing remarkable leadership in areas of
member experience, team member experience, new membership growth,
in-Branch business performance, and member participation.
The Senior Director will provide daily support to a team of 150+
team members and offer ongoing leadership, motivation, and
development. They are responsible for casting, coaching,
communication, alignment, and holding Department Leaders
accountable to collective Greater Philadelphia YMCA expectations.
The Senior Director will also act as the Branch ambassador to
provide each member a great experience.
LEADERSHIP EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL SENIOR TEAM LEADERS
- Create a member centric culture that prioritizes the member
experience and delivers on Branch goals
- Personalize recognition and appreciation to reinforce critical
member service behaviors and promote a positive team and member
- Creates and sustains an environment that values all people for
their unique talents. Takes an active role in promoting and
leveraging practices that support diversity, inclusion, global
engagement and cultural competence.
- Plan, manage and follow-up on organizational and operational
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and
compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others
accountable to this commitment.
- Build a close partnership with Branch Executive
- Embody personally through modelling and Coach, Train, Develop,
Lead and hire staff that deliver a world class Member
- Own membership growth and all aspects that support success
(process, quality, strategy, relationships, training)
- Create and sustain a culture of Membership Satisfaction
Obsession reflected in all staff delivering on current and evolving
Member needs and expectations (includes non-membership staff)
- Oversee the day to day operations of member service
- Execute and deliver on your annual budget. Maintain your
expenses within this budget.
- Ensure that daily care of prospective members is first priority
through leadership of Welcome Center staff
- Develop, meet and exceed monthly and annual membership sales
- Coach, train and ensure staff delivers consistent excellence in
sales presentations, closing techniques, impeccable telephone and
in-person service, and member engagement
- Assist in the development of systems that ensure consistent
prospect and new member tracking and follow-up procedures.
- Design and conduct evaluations of sales techniques to ensure
the YMCA is reaching and meeting the needs of our diverse
- Develop and implement systems to ensure timely follow-up of all
prospects and potential membership sales
- Collaborate with Branch Executive Directors to ensure the
seamless transition from prospect to fully engaged member
- Provide branch coordination to all departments to ensure
successful communication, special events and program growth.
- Serve as a member of the management team and Leader on Duty for
the facility.ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience in hospitality, retail, recreation
management or other relevant industries.
- 5+ years experience managing 50+ team members
- 5+ years experience managing Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Experience providing high-end member service and managing
- Track record of success in a performance driven work
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to
impart oral information and to convey detailed, spoken instructions
to staff, members, children, and volunteers accurately, quickly,
and loudly. Ability to perceive the nature of sounds by ear;
ability to lift and carry 50-75 pounds; ability to maintain body
equilibrium to prevent falling. Ability to move about on foot
quickly; ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Ability to sit
or stand for long periods of time. Ability to judge distances and
spatial relationships so as to see objects where they actually are
and clearly see at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more.
Exposure to high levels of noise and various environmental
Acquire and maintain the following certifications:
- CPR/AED/O2/First Aid obtained through the American Red Cross
(valid 2 years)
- Requisite OSHA online trainings (valid 1 year unless otherwise
- Mandated Reporter Training (valid 5 years)
- Additional training and development specific to your role as
reference in onboarding packet.OUR CULTURE
At the YMCA we value CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY
in personal character and behavior and believe that they are
essential to attaining our mission
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO HEALTHIER LIVES
The Greater Philadelphia YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The
Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran
or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable
Keywords: Greater Philadelphia YMCA, Philadelphia , Senior Membership Director - Full Time - West Philadelphia, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!