Import-Export Sales Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About the CompanyGlen-Gery Corporation is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited ("The Group")
is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been
in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization
exceeding A$3.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business
segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments.
The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates
nationally across Australia and has a significant presence in the
USA. Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation's
largest brick manufacturers and operates nine brick manufacturing
facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products
are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as
well as in Canada. Since entering the USA in 2018, Brickworks have
acquired Sioux City Brick, Redland Brick and the distribution
business of Southfield Corporation in Illinois and Indiana
(Illinois Brick, Indiana Brick). The combined North American
business now has more than 1,000 employees, operates across 40
locations, including 10 brick plants, 1 manufactured stone plant,
26 masonry supply center/retail locations and 3 Design
Studios.Basic Function: The Import/ Export Sales Manager will
development new business, establish key accounts, and drive revenue
in the UK/Northeastern Europe. This individual will ensure that
compliance regulations are established and work cross functionally
to develop and maintain key relationships in the market. This
position will involve travel.Duties:
- Provide strategic leadership for the organization, driving
sales in the UK/ Northeastern Europe. Managing order request and
hitting revenue targets for the market.
- Implement and develop strategies to expand sales. Develop and
maintain key relationships (internal and external) with suppliers
- Oversee freight agreements, and customs documentation (this
includes both domestic and foreign transportation).
- Determine and file with correct HTS codes and monitor all
- Manages transportation problems and consults with senior
management during high level import/export issues.
- Communicates with customers to approve the confirmation of
freight and understand any delays that may be taking place.
- Ensure export costs are reviewed annually and cost saving
- Maintain compliance with all aspects of licenses, contracts and
other commercial agreements.
- Maintain knowledge on all tariffs and licenses and analyse all
loan and insurance documents to ensure best market rates are
- Collaborate with various departments and obtain all
certification documents and ensure compliance to all import and
export policies and perform regular audits on all broker
- Comply with and implement all Brickworks North America policies
across the Department.
- Ensure staff are informed regarding relevant company policies
and OHS requirements.
- Design, evaluate and renew all contracts as required.
- Manage the preparation of all export quotes for customers and
shipment bookings with carriers
- Participating in relevant industry forums and keep up to date
with industry trends and developments.
- Negotiate supply proposals to ensure best quality and
competitive market rate relationships.Education and experience
requirements --- BS/BA Degree --- Relevant experience 5-8 years ---
Experience exporting product into the UK/Northeastern Europe ---
Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint --- Must be willing to
travel up to 50% of the time. This job description is not intended
to be all inclusive and as such, the employee will also be required
to perform other reasonably related business duties as may be
assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management
personnel as required.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Glen-Gery, Philadelphia , Import-Export Sales Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!