Director IT Projects
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Category: Information TechnologyFacility: SEPTA
HeadquartersCity: PhiladelphiaDate: May 13, 2022Req ID: 3168The
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the
sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a
vast network of fixed route services including bus,
subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail
serving a 2,200 square mile service region.We are currently seeking
a Director IT Projects in the Information Technology.SEPTA
currently requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and
provide proof of vaccination at their pre-employment medical
Opening Date: 05/13/2022Closing Date: 05/20/2022Job Grade: SAM
43Salary Range: Min: $109,642.00 - Mid: $137,046.00 - Max:
- Note: Starting salary not to exceed midpoint.
Limited telework may be permitted for this position in accordance
with SEPTA Policy.OVERALL DESCRIPTIONThe Director of IT Projects
researches, plans, develops, and implements SEPTA's programs. This
position manages a streamlined demand intake process for new and
ongoing projects. They prioritize departments' needs and work
closely with IT solution partners and business stakeholders. The
Director of IT Projects creates business cases for budget approvals
and delivers high-quality projects on time while remaining within
allocated budgets.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with stakeholders to define and execute program business
plans, focusing on delivering programs that support SEPTA's
strategic vision, business objectives, and priorities.
- Measures projects against SEPTA Strategic plan and SEPTA IT's
overall application portfolio roadmap.
- Establishes a planning process that orients business needs to
the annual budget.
- Develops and manages relationships with senior business
- Remains a trusted technology advisor and solution broker for
- Ensures the execution of the program is carried out timely and
- Establishes consistent communication with stakeholders to
understand expectations and business strategy as well as to
communicate the status of the program and related projects.
- Provides program-level updates and summaries to executive
- Coordinates with Procurement to develop requests for proposal
(RFPs) for external services; accordingly aligns budget.
- Manages relationships between vendors - who will deliver
capabilities, resources, and technology - and the project managers
who will be overseeing the quality of work.
- Partners with application development personnel to arrange
business requirements with the technology road map, manage
customers' expectations, and develop execution plans.
- Co-manages demands on IT by identifying project requests' needs
and assisting businesses in articulating those needs' business
- Establishes a standard project portfolio management (PPM)
toolkit, normalizes project reporting packages and processes, and
drives program delivery discipline across the organization.
- Oversees all IT projects and project managers; provides advice
to and oversight of projects' milestones.
- Complies with all Authority and departmental safety and
security policies and procedures as well as all applicable job
safety responsibilities. Reports any safety concerns, compromises
or hazards affecting operations, the public self and/or other
employees. Responsible for personal safety and is encouraged to
promote the safety of others.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or similarly
related field and ten (10) years of total experience working with
IT projects / programs that includes project cost management
- Five (5) of those years are required to feature successful
management leadership, financial management, and organizational
- An equivalent combination of experience and education, (i.e.,
two (2) years of related experience, equating to one (1) year of
formal post-high school education), may be considered in lieu of
the above requirements.
- Experience in public sector or transportation environment is
- Program Management Professional certification or equivalent is
preferred.SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Keywords: SEPTA, Philadelphia , Director IT Projects, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!