Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Company: Westin Mt Laurel
Location: Mount Laurel
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYTo supervise, direct, assist, and
assure the completion of housekeeping tasks assigned to Room
Attendants and Housepersons in guest rooms andcorridors to maintain
Interstate's high standards of cleanliness.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
All applicants are required to a complete a pre-hire assessment for
their application to be considered.Please click on link to
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and
qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all
duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational
demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours
worked in a week.
- Visually inspect VIP rooms, guest rooms and corridors for
cleanliness and appearance.
- Train and monitor performance of room attendants and
housepersons. Provide organization, instruction, guidance,
communication, counseling, as well as exercise good judgment.
Ensure all jobs are completed within the shift. Prepare P.M. room
- Take requested inventories of furniture, fixtures, equipment
and supplies, etc. Ensure that both carts and linen/supply closets
are kept clean, neat, and stocked according to departmental
guidelines. Upon inspection of VIP rooms, make certain all VIP
supplies are in place.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies in guest rooms and
corridors via work orders. Telephone deficiencies considered
emergencies (i.e. overflowing toilets or broken pipes in bathrooms,
lights out in bathrooms, closets, or corridors, broken mirror or
window) to the maintenance department.
- Expedite special guest requests, such as extra towels, blankets
- Open and Close Housekeeping Department.
- Make personnel decisions (hire, fire, promote, adjust salary);
instruct new employees; observe and evaluate job performance of
subordinates to provide feedback; develop/utilize tools to promote
programs to improve productivity, safety, profitability, etc.;
motivate staff and maintain excellent employee relations.
- Recommend and administer all company policies and procedures;
maintain compliance to all local, state, and federal laws;
demonstrate a professional manner with regard to compliance of all
policies; notify hotel management of problems needing immediate
attention such as serious customer complaints, policy violations,
safety concerns, etc.
- Maintain good communication within hotel and department;
conduct and facilitate effective meetings; prepare correspondence,
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Turns in all lost and found items and all guest room keys.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or
loss to management.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety
and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed
appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member
- Perform any related duties as requested by management.
- Assists other Housekeeping Personnel when need. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education
- Minimum six months supervisory experience or one year of
comparable Housekeeping experience acceptable.
- Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete
forms such as a room status report.
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgment and implement control over the
performance of subordinates.
- Talk to many different kinds of people to give information,
answer questions and provide required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift, reach, bend, stoop, stand and walk
continuously, climb stairs, and push or pull heavy equipment
- Pushing two hundred (200) pound carts
- Lifting fifty (50) pounds maximum.
- Stand and walk for varying lengths of time, often long
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing,
walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
Keywords: Westin Mt Laurel, Philadelphia , Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Executive , Mount Laurel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!