Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Company: Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries comprise a
global health services and financial company that serves millions
of people worldwide through our health, pharmacy, behavioral,
dental, disability, life, accident and international products and
services. Our mission is to help improve the health, well-being and
peace of mind of the people we serve.
Senior Director Diversity, Equity and Inclusion reports to the VP
of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Corporate and Employee Giving, and
Cigna Foundation and will help set and guide the company's
enterprise-wide diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy by
formulating and executing creative and innovative programs,
processes and procedures for identifying, attracting and retaining
diverse talent at all levels of the organization.Additionally, the
Senior Director Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will act as a
consultative partner with HR and the business in developing and
integrating diversity, equity and inclusion goals and strategies
into business processes, practices and programs. To make the
greatest impact, this role helps to align DEI to Cigna's charitable
giving, community and ESG efforts. -This role will advocate,
champion and advise all levels of management on diversity and
inclusion related topics and will partner with HR colleagues and
leaders to embed diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) into the
everyday culture of the organization. The Senior Director of
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion must be able to influence change
and provide thought leadership in this area both internally and
externally.Moreover, the incumbent will strive to recognize the
whole person and define diversity in all of the ways we are
different, such as work styles, preferred languages, education
levels, disability and/ or health status (including pregnancy),
veteran status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, domestic partner status, genetic
information or citizenship status and more. Additional
responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, lead and manage DEI programs and initiatives.
- Provide strategic guidance and drive operational programs to
support the business in the establishment of diversity initiatives,
metrics, objectives and strategies.
- Works closely with matrix partners to advance diversity within
the workforce (e.g., talent acquisition), the business (e.g.,
markets, clinical, supplier diversity), and community (e.g.,
charitable giving and corporate responsibility).
- Develop and communicate plans to internal and external
stakeholders to meet established objectives.
- Provide regular metrics and reporting against company
initiatives; evaluate and analyze metrics and programs; identify
root causes, trends and make appropriate recommendations to achieve
- Proactively monitor internal and external diversity trends and
legal developments that may impact policy, recruitment and
retention of a diverse workforce.
- Define, establish and manage the appropriate scorecards and
measurement tools to monitor the effectiveness of programs and
- Provide consultation, support and management of the Enterprise
Diversity Council, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and functional
- Bachelors' degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 10 + years of HR, Management and/or Diversity experience with
proven success embedding diversity in design and delivery of
strategies, polices, plans and processes.
- Strong diversity, equity and inclusion experience within a
large organization including influencing stakeholders at a senior
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with business leaders and
HR Partners to drive Diversity and Inclusion results.
- Proven experience developing and successfully implementing DEI
strategies aligned to all business objectives.
- Established relationships with external diversity organization
- Experience navigating large matrix organizations while
successfully building relationships.
- Experience creating and executing diversity strategies on
engaging, retaining and developing talent for large complex
- Demonstrated impact on diversity and inclusion initiatives and
resulting increase in representation.
- Excellent operational/analytical skills with a track record of
leveraging data to measure success of existing initiatives and
inform opportunities for new initiatives.
- Deep understanding of best practices and trends in diversity,
equity and inclusion, with the ability to translating into an
actionable strategy and driving action across various teams.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation & Excel skills.
- Ability to develop, analyze and implement metrics.
- Workday knowledge preferred.
- Ability to travel.Leadership Competencies:
- Thought-leader in the area of diversity and inclusion with
experience developing, implementing and evaluating programs and
- AAP/EEO experience and fundamental knowledge of compliance and
- Savvy communicator who thrives in forming and maintaining
relationships with individuals both internal and external to the
organization including executives and senior leaders, community
partners, elected and public officials in order to work with and
gain support across ethnic, race, class and local geographical
- Passion for and interest in leading diversity and inclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work
collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues
with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, meet project
deadlines and adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to guide and directly lead a team, as well as the
ability to influence and lead projects staffed by non-direct
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and present
data in a compelling manner
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential informationThis
role is WAH/Flex, which allows most work to be -performed at home.
-WAH/Flex -employees -must be -fully vaccinated -against COVID-19
-if they choose to -come onsite or if required to periodically come
on -site.About CignaCigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We
are a global health service company dedicated to improving the
health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together,
with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health
services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an
unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of
health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our
subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that
enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age,
disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related
medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military
status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial
status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.If you
require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Keywords: Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Philadelphia , Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!