FSP Relationship Manager (Remote)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
MMS is an innovative, data-focused CRO that supports the
pharmaceutical, biotech, including clinical trial transparency, and
medical device industries with a proven, scientific approach to
complex trial data and regulatory submission challenges. Strong
industry experience, technology-enabled services, and a data-driven
approach to drug development make MMS a valuable CRO partner,
creating compelling submissions that meet rigorous regulatory
standards. With a global footprint across four continents, MMS
maintains a 97 percent customer satisfaction rating, and the
company has been recognized as a leading CRO in Global Health &
Pharma's international awards programs for the last three
consecutive years. For more information, visit
Job Specific Skills
- Supports the health and growth of assigned Functional Service
Provider (FSP) accounts
- Maintains a solution-focused mind set when challenges arise on
a project, identifying opportunities for improvement, and making
constructive suggestions for change; encourages the same from
staff. Acknowledges and recognizes team member's contributions
during the project and at project close according to company
practice. Expert understanding of company capabilities; understands
service areas including key inputs, outputs and types of
deliverables. Attention to detail and ability to work
simultaneously on multiple priorities. Adapts and can be flexible
to changing priorities. Provides instruction to and oversight to
project/operations team members as assigned; targeted toward those
leading/supporting FSP models."
- Ensures the necessary tools, templates and processes that are
specific to FSP models are in place to speed project delivery,
ensuring consistency and compliance across projects.
- Collaborates with FSS Director to advise project management
team members and business development regarding client specific
strategies and FSP operational models to meet customer needs.
- Advises operational teams on the implementation of efficiencies
to project execution, which may work alongside or in addition to
- Periodic reporting of key FSP project metrics and review with
FSS Director; attends executive leadership meetings as requested to
- Serves as an Operations contributor/reviewer for FSP proposals
/budgets as requested by the Project & Account Management (PAM)
- Collaborates with Director(s), PAM to share client learnings
that may influence sales and pricing strategies/models as
- Provides input on analysis of FSP project profitability,
revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization; this information may
inform costing tool changes (maintained by Directors, PAM).
- Meets on a routine basis with Ops POCs (FSP model) to
- Emerging client needs;
- Reviews the impact of any client process change/tool to
- Evaluates resourcing - emerging needs and projections, monitor
and develop strategies to ensure high levels of colleague
engagement, works with Ops PoCs/LMs to develop contingency plans
for key operations roles;
- Proactively reviews project-level requests and ensures the
internal mechanism for the evaluation of requests, lead assignment
and start up are scalable;
- Proactively outlines operational solutions that incorporate MMS
innovations (creative resourcing models, emerging technologies) to
- Collaborates with Ops PoCs and PM to evaluate/define KPIs to
meet client-specific requirements;
- Works with FSS Director to provide input into the agenda for
periodic FSP Process and Relationship Governance meetings;
- Works with Ops POCs, PM and QA to resolve customer complaints
or service delivery questions/concerns raised by the client.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that
foster client ties; may include strategies for periodic face to
- Attends and contributes to internal and external client/project
governance meetings for assigned FSP clients.
- Communicates effectively with clients, collaborating with Ops
POCs to identify needs and evaluate alternative business
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and
deepen client relationships through enhanced processes.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business,
organization, and objectives.
- Continued awareness of current client competitive landscape
including service gaps and key opportunities for company.
- Serves as a resource for PM team in setting standards and
managing client expectations for deliverables.
- Travels as needed to support client relationships,
- Expertise in understanding client needs including in-depth
knowledge of the customer organization including processes;
collaborates with FSS Director to ensure appropriate strategy/
solution is proposed to customer.
- Works with the proposed operations team, serves as an advisor
in preparing for bid defense as requested.
- Collaborates with FSS Director to advise on critical success
factors and other techniques that will aid in award.
Competencies for Level I and II Roles
- Level of Independence:
- Level I: Task and project level focus. Receives a moderate
level of guidance and direction. Requires support and guidance from
the LM or Sr. Team Member approximately 25% of the time or
- Level II: Developing understanding of the Service Management
process requirements. Identifies and suggests opportunities for
improvement related to Service and/or Service Line at the project
- Service Management:
- Developing understanding of the Service Management process
requirements. Identifies and suggests opportunities for improvement
related to Service and/or Service Line at the project level.
- Customer Liaison/ Management:
- Interaction with the external and internal customer at the
project level. Some oversight and guidance from a more senior
colleague or Manager regarding best approaches with customer
communication may be required.
- Project level impact. Has a working knowledge and experience in
own discipline. Project level impact. Applies acquired job skills,
policies, and procedures to complete substantive
assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity;
exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Innovation/ Continuous Improvement:
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
Contributes to process improvement.
- Discretion/ Latitude:
- Exercises discretion related to communication with the
customer. With some guidance from more senior team member or a
manager able to exercise proper judgement related to disclosure of
information based on appropriate audience.
- Problem Solving:
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
and may contribute to solving unique challenges.
- Effectively communicates with the project team members
internally and externally.
- Quality and Quantity of Work:
- Produces high quality project deliverables with minimum
corrections oversight or course correcting from Line Manager or a
more senior colleague.
Core Company Values
- Represent self and company in a professional manner and in line
with core company values.
- Practice excellent internal and external customer service,
communication, and team work.
- Support objectives and improvement efforts within department
- Comply with all applicable policies, procedures, and training
- Additional tasks as assigned by manager.
- College graduate in scientific, business operations, or related
field/ experience required, masters preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working with FSP accounts or
similar experience required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Hands-on experience with clinical trial and pharmaceutical
- Good communication skills and willingness to work with others
to clearly understand needs and solve problems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with current ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standards
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11, FDA, and GCP
- Basic understanding of CROs and scientific & clinical
data/terminology, & the drug development process.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: MMS, Philadelphia , FSP Relationship Manager (Remote), Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!