Assistant General Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your
skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution
Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx,
Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To
keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and
adaptable. No day is the same, and that's just how we like it.
Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different - and
support each other along the way.Posting Notes: Philadelphia --
Success is always in style at TJX! Continue to explore career
opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the #1 off-price
apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. At TJX, we are proud
that for the last 40 years we have been providing outstanding value
to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our
story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and
our goal is to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work.
We are committed to valuing the differences among our Associates
and believe that the diverse skills, experiences, and background
that you bring into the organization will help us continue to
succeed!Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods,
Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and
sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls
in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria
and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the
U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia.Responsibilities:
- Work on 1st or 2nd shift to support multiple departments within
the Distribution Center.
- Ensure safe, efficient warehouse facility operations by
advocating safety training & accident preparedness.
- Meet or exceed volume and department efficiency goals.
- Have the ability to analyze and make staffing adjustments to
respond to work flow demands.
- Create and adhere to organizational best practics and safety
- Maintain & continuously improve cost-efficiency and facility
- Actively coach, counsel, mentor & inspire staff to facilitate
personal growth and development.
- Establish and maintain partnerships across all levels of
departments in order to implement strategic solutions.
- Help create and reinforce a positive team environment that
respects and values diversity.Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of related experience directly reporting to Senior
- Big-box operational experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising large, diverse teams of several hundred
- Strong WMS experience is required. Ideal candidates would have
led or played a key part of a WMS integration; working knowledge of
Manhattan is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies & procedures
- Strong technical skills in Windows/MS Office (Word &
- A passion for training and empowering operations leaders in the
- Willingness to tackle exciting new process-improvement
What's In It For You?
At TJX, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but
we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits
package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or
military status, or based on any individual's status in any group
or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX
also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.Come Discover
Different at TJX - we think you'll find that it's so much more than
a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the day - and
that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you're a
part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse,
close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.As you think about
where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer
competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and
expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable
state and local law. Posting Notes: Philadelphia -- PA
Keywords: Marshalls, Philadelphia , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!