Director of Business Development - K-12 Dining
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day
through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries
around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we
strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our
communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop
your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional
growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a
sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is
helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working
here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter. Description As Director of Business
Development (DBD) you will lead new Dining Services business
development initiatives and processes. Reporting directly to the
Senior Vice President of Sales and working closely with other
DBD's, the Partnership Development Team and the Vice President of
Growth, you will lead the business development efforts in specific
K-12 marketplace segments. This includes pipeline build, developing
overall strategy, setting annual revenue targets, analyzing
business opportunities, identifying priority prospects and key
decision makers, creating compelling presentations and overseeing
the business development proposal process working closely with
internal and external constituents. You will partner closely with
the Regional Vice Presidents and Region Functional Support Leaders
to ensure the business development strategy and tactics align with
business operational goals overall growth success. Successful Sales
Leaders in this role will have the opportunity to:
- Drive sales process leadership from contact through strategy,
proposal, presentation & successful conclusion for dining services
within a defined market
- Aggressively research, identify, qualify & target potential
clients & develop access strategy to initiate contact
- Develop & maintain relationships at the 'C Suite' while
understanding and communicating prospective customers' culture
- Develop and lead strategy process with regard to: Competitive
Environment, Account Sales Strategy & Development Strategy
- Identify needs and develop customer specific solutions for
- Utilize resources from across Aramark in order to design &
deliver customer desired outcomes
- Influence and develop team members without formal
- Develop relationships with intermediaries to build pipeline of
opportunities and awareness of capabilities
- Build relationships personally with prospective customers
- Provide appropriate market & competitive information.
- Bachelors Degree required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant strategic business development work
- Ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years of solution-based
selling experience, preferably within the K-12 marketplace.
- Proven track record of initiating and successfully driving new
- Ability to develop and manage pipeline of opportunities and
convert prospects to clients Success in utilizing a strategic
consultative selling approach to driving new business.
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue
- Ability to qualify accounts and move them into the sales
pipeline as true prospects while focusing on the opportunities that
have the most strategic and financial impact for the company.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical sales approach with focus
on building trust and meaningful relationships with senior level
- Success in building alliances and influencing key decision
makers (at all levels) within the client organization and
developing trust-based relationships with key internal constituents
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams during the
sales process in order to create compelling solutions for
- Proven financial acumen and understanding of how to structure
complex financial proposals including top- and bottom-line revenue,
AOI, ROIC and IRR calculations.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in solving strategic and
operational business problems. -
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Effectively use deliberate influence strategies to impact,
shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others, without formal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation
skills, and computer skills.
- Possess a genuine desire and ability to discover the changing
needs of clients and respond accordingly with solutions that target
- True understanding of Strategic Selling (Miller Heiman
- Successfully building alliances and influencing key decisions
makers (of all levels).
- Strategic sales planning and methodologies.
- Competitive drive and determination with focus on results
- Researching and obtaining market awareness of industry and
- Financial and technical acumen in understanding needs and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Developing and executing sales processes through
Keywords: Aramark, Philadelphia , Director of Business Development - K-12 Dining, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!