Asset Management Analyst - Tax Credit Team
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Asset Management Analyst is a vital member of the Berkadia Tax
Credit team. In this you role they will support the Asset
Management function to analyze and evaluate assets for
institutional clients. Investigate and determine the impact of
partnership, financing, as well as real estate issues at the
operating partnership level. The Analyst will benefit from working
in a collaborative environment with the Acquisition, Fund
Management and Investor Relations staff, seeing each investment
from project closing to disposition, and will be encourage to
actively contribute and generate ideas throughout the life cycle of
- Collect and review monthly occupancy reports. Monitor and track
any downward trends in project performance.
- Review and analysis of quarterly and annual financial reports
to track and risk rate asset performance. Prepare financial
analyses and projections for assets to estimate stabilization gaps,
ongoing cash flows, and market valuations.
- Analyze and evaluate information to support a number of asset
management functions such as release of capital installments and
estimates of tax credits and losses
- Ensure compliance with partnership agreements, including
collection of guarantor financials, timely filing of annual owners
certification, and Operating Deficit Guarantee release requirements
- Assist with the preparation of written internal and external
reports such as operational analyses, watch list write-ups, risk
assessments and routine updates.
- Assist with GPO integration and training of data into the asset
management database, ensuring timely receipt and integrity of
- Interact with general partners, property managers, accountants
and other third parties to ensure timely reporting in compliance
with project agreements, and to resolve problems that could
jeopardize the long-term viability of the asset.
- Monitor multifamily market trends, with special attention to
affordable housing, to gain an understanding trends in the
multifamily industry and performance of comparable properties.
- Create, generate, and maintain quarterly reports for internal
and external use
- Travel to properties to conduct annual site visits and perform
tenant file reviews. Prepare written report assessing quality of
management company, tenant files, physical plant, property and
equipment, and market (Up to 25% travel.)
- Assist with the review and analysis of General Partner
modification or waiver requests.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify issues, draw
logical conclusions, and interpret results for use in decision
making with limited oversight.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Knowledge of or experience in low income housing tax credit
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a
- Strong working knowledge of financial modeling
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to convey
information clearly and effectively through formal and informal
documents and project a positive, professional image both
internally and external with business contacts.
- 2+ years of experience in multifamily real estate, community
development or other related industries.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, real estate, accounting or
related field preferred.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies
Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate
industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily
and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and
industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service
commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle
of our clients' assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to
put the client's interests first and creates a marketplace that
delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the
interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to
arrange for such accommodations by emailing:
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any
salary-related information you see posted externally has not been
provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal
opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under
local, state or federal laws.
By applying to this job opportunity you are acknowledging
Employment Laws. Please click the following links for more
information: EEOC, Employee Rights under the FMLA, EPPA.
Keywords: Berkadia, Philadelphia , Asset Management Analyst - Tax Credit Team, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!