Portfolio Manager- Data Analytics
Company: North Highland
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Senior Portfolio Manager (PM) role in Data & Analytics
(D&A) will serve as a key team member supporting the
development of D&A portfolio management capabilities as well as
provide an enabling function to deliver various projects and
initiatives within the D&A portfolio. The PM will be part of
the Portfolio and Operations Management (POM) team within D&A
and help drive various components of the development and
implementation of portfolio management capabilities have the
responsibility to drive projects and initiatives within his/her
assigned D&A portfolio (commensurate with level) by applying
project management practices and change management methodology to
enable successful execution and completion. Beyond the individual
projects within his/her portfolio, the PM, will also be responsible
for helping develop and document D&A sub-group level standard
operating procedures and help implement those procedures and foster
compliance within D&A. The PM will also be accountable to
provide portfolio level information to stakeholders to allow for
portfolio review and oversight. This role will also continue to
contribute to the ongoing improvement of project and portfolio
management approaches and tools, inclusive of and not limited to
dashboards, project prioritization, project charters, project
plans, communication plans, RAID logs, RACIs, stakeholder maps,
status reporting, timelines, KPIs, review/governance forums,
- Ability to assess current portfolio, program, and project
management practices and develop solutions to improve those
- Ability to facilitate a variety of working sessions including,
but not limited to, process development, project planning, risk
- Understands organization change management techniques and
interventions aimed at fostering adoption of new ways of
- Ability to coordinate and drive performance of cross-functional
project teams.Ability to develop and drive implementation of
project plans within budgets and timelines.
- Implements project management and change management practices
to portfolio assigned. This includes mechanisms to operate,
monitor, and communicate to provide D&A leadership and other
key stakeholders/sponsors insights on the progress and the ability
to identify areas that require intervention or are potential risks
(e.g., KPIs for tracking of progress against roadmaps).
- Enable D&A leadership and other key stakeholders' insights
on the operational health and progress of projects within his/her
remit.Drives preparation of project updates and summaries to allow
for awareness and decision-making (inclusive of timelines,
milestones, interdependencies, issues, risks and actions).
As appropriate, escalates risks and challenges to D&A Leaders
enabling timely removal of obstacles to allow for the project's
- Drives successful conduct and completion of assigned portfolio
of projects, including select departmental initiatives, by ensuring
clarity on objectives, deliverables, and timelines to support the
- Provide day-to-day oversight of his/her assigned portfolio
inclusive of communication and governance.
- Contributes to department-level portfolio review, forecasting
and budget tracking regarding his/her assigned portfolio.
- Function as a knowledge base and resource to project
teams.Serves as a point of escalation and resolution for the
D&A strategic initiatives.
- Reinforces a culture that focuses on achievement of goals and
- Models positive behaviors such as re-examining how things are
done, challenging their assumptions about what is possible.
- Models the balance of innovation and curiosity with discipline
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships
with other functions and external stakeholders, fostering positive
interactions and ultimately support achieving desired project
- Accountable for managing effective and regular communications
with sponsors of key D&A projects and initiatives.
- Serves as a central connector for cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates flexibility and approaches process changes,
technology and new responsibilities with an open curious mind.
- Balances a focus on both, execution methods as well as
- Works creatively within predefined standards.Qualifications/
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical industry or a
highly regulated environment is preferred. Understanding of the
clinical, regulatory, and commercial requirements for early and
late-stage drug development. Working knowledge of drug development;
clinical operations; the regulatory process; registrational and
market launch requirements.
- Experience with organizational effectiveness
(OD/change/process) management experience in organizations and
situations requiring a combination of strategic vision, and
practical project management and execution skills
- Ability to formulate and document process maps that reflect
operational workflows depicting actions and decisions of process
participants as well as use of technology to support the
- Ability to develop and drive implementation of cross-functional
projects, including assessment of budgets and timelines
- Advanced meeting facilitation skills with effective
interpersonal communication in a remote/virtual environment;
Communicates in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Experience leading or sponsoring large and complex projects and
familiar with (certification a plus) project management framework
- Experience driving large, complex change efforts and to drive
results through influence, persuasion and relationships
- A demonstrated track record of getting up to speed and adding
immediate value to new situations
- Exceptional ability to co-create and work collectively with
various business leaders and other key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the
ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate
material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple
parties; translate complexity into the actionable.
- Strong software skills including Planisware, Vine, SharePoint,
MS Teams, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- PMP, PgMP, or other certification(s) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business
- Bachelor's degree is required and 5-7 years of Project
Management experience in pharmaceutical or biotech, specifically
drug or product development .
- Advanced degree and/or certification in Agile Methodology and
global drug development, alliance management and/or business
development is a plus
Keywords: North Highland, Philadelphia , Portfolio Manager- Data Analytics, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!