Senior Director, IT
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Category: Information TechnologyFacility: SEPTA
HeadquartersCity: PhiladelphiaDate: Nov 19, 2021Req ID: 2364The
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the
sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a
vast network of fixed route services including bus,
subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail
serving a 2,200 square mile service region.We are currently seeking
a Senior Director, IT (7342) in the I T - Administration.Opening
Date: 11/19/21Closing Date: 12/3/21Job Grade: SAM 44Salary Range:
Min: $123,214.00 - Mid: $154,024.00 - Max: $184,834.00Limited
telework may be permitted for this position in accordance with
SEPTA Policy.BASIC ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development of policies in the immediate
manager's organization, and interpret such policies throughout the
- Develops objectives, policies and procedures for the approval
of immediate manager.
- Interprets and administers programs and procedures in
accordance with approved policies.
- Performs special assignments for immediate manager as
- Reports performance to immediate manager.
- Coordinates expense budget spending for the department to
maintain performance within budget.
- Develops a suitable successor and be responsible for training
replacements at all levels within the department.
- Complies with all Authority and departmental safety and
security policies and procedures as well as all applicable job
safety responsibilities. Reports any safety concerns, compromises
or hazards affecting operations, the public, self and/or other
employees. Responsible for personal safety and is encouraged to
promote the safety of others.DISCIPLINE RESPONSIBILITIESEnterprise
- Focus on development, deployment, and support of software
applications enabling SEPTA business processes.
- Maintain vendor relationship and providing oversight for custom
developed applications, collaborate with the business stakeholders
and the development team to ensure that requirements are met.
- Build and establish relationships with business stakeholders in
developing technical solutions to solve their problems.
- Lead portfolio/applicational management effort to properly
prioritize business requests and initiatives and ensure proper
- Manage the entire business application and integration
portfolio across all phases, including the identification,
selection, design, deployment, ongoing beneficial use,
rationalization, and obsolescence of applications.
- Responsible for the strategy, management, design and
development of required data warehouse strategies, monitor and
improve data warehouse performance and capacity, and plan for
future expansion requirements, including plans to co-ordinate and
implement security measures to safeguard the data warehouse. This
includes:Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide
fast query responses to "front end" users;
- Mapping out 'conceptual design' for a planned end-user
application in outline;
- Development of policies and protocols for data access and
sharing internally and public access;
- Refining the 'logical design' so that it can be translated into
a specific data model;
- Refining the 'physical design' to meet system storage
- Overseeing installation and testing of new versions of the data
warehouse management system (DBMS);
- Writing data warehouse and application documentation, including
data standards, procedures and definitions for the data
- Commissioning and installing new applications as determined by
the business needs;
- Oversee the definition and usage of processes, tools, methods,
standards, and metrics involved in application development,
configuration, integration, testing and support.
- Communicate the status of critical projects with key business
and IT stakeholders, participate in the IT governance processes to
set investment priorities and manage technology.
- Developing and/or participating in the development of Requests
for Proposals (RFP).
- Assisting in determining project delivery and deployment dates
for new product releases, feature and maintenance releases, and
regular corrective service or service pack releases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business Administration or related field with fifteen (15) years of
progressively responsible experience in managing and overseeing
technical implementations or related technical processes from a
hardware/software level including information security and
- Minimum of five (5) years of management/supervisory experience
managing a diverse professional staff required. Excellent
analytical, verbal and written communication skills required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e.,
two years of relevant experience equating to one year of post high
school education) may be considered in lieu of the above listed
- Leadership and/or management experience in implementing large
scale enterprise applications (1800+ user access) and overseeing
project management and business process changes in your current or
previous position required.SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.Nearest Major Market:
Keywords: SEPTA, Philadelphia , Senior Director, IT, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!