Director of Human Resources
Company: Lions Gate
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Summary:Under general direction of the CEO,
the Director of HR serves as the HR business partner to
organization in order to plan, implement and evaluate HR
initiatives that support the overall business strategy of the
Company. Plans, directs, and oversees human resources policies and
activities such as employment, performance management,
compensation, payroll, benefits, training, associate relations,
regulatory/credentialing compliance, and communications for
associates. This position manages a Human Resources Generalist and
Recruiter and provides overall HR services to a 24/7 employee
population of 200+ in two South NJ locations.Job Duties:
- Work with the CEO and organizational leadership as a business
partner to design, develop and implement policies and programs that
ensure the success of the business strategy and objectives.
- Design, develop and implement organization structures and
processes that promote efficiency, associate commitment and ensure
the achievement of the business strategy.
- Participate in the development of corporate philosophy,
roadmap, strategies, goals and objectives in employee relations
relative to human resources management issues, trends and
- Develops policies and procedures relative to compensation,
benefits, staffing, employee labor relations, worker's
compensation, unemployment insurance, employee training and
- Educates and informs management and staff relative to the
ongoing administration and interpretation of human resources
policies and procedures, standards, regulations, laws and
- Review and make recommendations for Departmental
Technology/HRIS requirements and needs.
- Assist departments with recruitment of new employees. Ensure
compliance with Federal, State and local laws as well as any
applicable policies and procedures. Prepares and places all
advertisements and job postings.
- Maintain active relationships with established recruitment
liaisons, i.e. colleges, high schools, employment agencies.
- Responsible for adherence to all pre-hire testing, including
physicals, drug tests, criminal background checks, license
verification and prior employment verification.
- Ensure all employee records and licensures are maintained and
- Maintain new employee orientation programs for all staff
including explanation of policies, procedures and benefits. Process
paperwork for all new employees as per established procedures.
- Monitor compliance to policy and procedures, standards,
regulations, laws, agreements that govern all aspects of human
- Recommends salary and benefit structure and revisions for all
employees based on current labor market surveys.
- Standardize consistent companywide performance review process,
along with metrics for employee compensation and performance
- Maintain all organizational employee events, recognition and
- Administrates collective bargaining agreements, represents
management in pre-grievance and grievance steps of the union
contract and manage union management relationships.
- Responsible to ensure that all disciplinary actions are
consistent with policies. Review practices on a periodic
- Other related duties as required.*Job Requirements*
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Administration
or related business field: SPHR certification a plus.
- Previous experience as well as knowledge with New Jersey
employment laws and regulations.
- 10+ years in human resources management, with a minimum of 5
years in management; healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and familiarity in administering Union Labor
- Understanding of HIPAA requirements and state healthcare
regulations and inspection requirements preferred.Company
DescriptionLions Gate is a not-for-profit continuing care
retirement community rooted in Jewish traditions and values. A home
to seniors who share a passion for the things that matter -
lifestyle, care, community, and tradition - to those who share a
passion for life and all its possibilities.Here at Lions Gate, we
have created a high standard of living for all of our residents. We
are committed to honoring the programs and traditions of the Jewish
faith in our community. Our employees reflect this commitment
through their warm and loving nature in providing care and services
to all those that reside at Lions Gate.By becoming part of the
Lions Gate community and committing yourself to the care and
comfort of each and every resident we serve, we assure you that
your life will also be enriched in many ways.Job Type:
Keywords: Lions Gate, Philadelphia , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Voorhees, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!