Miscellaneous Steel Project Manager
Company: Crescent Iron Works
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Miscellaneous Steel Project Manager Job Title: Project Manager
Crescent Iron Works, Phila. PA (Structural Steel/Misc. Metals
Fabricator)Typical Projects: All miscellaneous metals and small to
mid-size structural steel projects in the Philadelphia
region.General Description: You will work as part of a team with a
central focus on managing and coordinating projects to lead them
through the approvals, shop fabrication and delivery to the job
site. You'll be exposed to all aspects of the Structural Steel and
Miscellaneous Metals business. Working in conjunction with and
reporting to the Operations Manager, you will participate in the
preparation of submittals of shop drawings, coordinate details and
help maintain production schedules, while spending time in the
office, shop and at the job site.Job Responsibilities:
- Mechanical and Design Aptitude - general understanding of how
things can be built.
- Own your Projects - Complete all tasks in a timely and
- Review and understand all project documents (e.g. drawings,
specifications, changes, materials, finishes, schedules) and
establish and maintain effective communication with customer's
project staff. Identify long lead items.
- Have input with project auto cad detailer in preparation of
shop drawings for submission and for shop. Significant design
skills are often required to create workable items from Architect's
conceptual drawings & sketches.
- Submit RFIs. Assess design and field conflicts along with
required coordination with other trades.
- Field measure items as required.
- Identify and submit change order requests.
- Review customer's schedule requirements and coordinate, through
Operations Manager, with company's production schedules. Be aware
of job events that cause schedule changes, know the reasons for
schedule changes, and immediately address the impact of those
changes to our production
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships with
superintendents, project managers, erectors and other
subcontractors' project managers.Requirements: Minimum of 5 years'
experience in structural steel and miscellaneous metals industry.
AUTOCAD or SolidWorks helpful, but not required. College Degree
preferred, but not required. Good communication & interpersonal
skills are an absolute requirement! Must be able to handle
stressful situations with a professional, constructive and positive
attitude. Should be organized, able to multi-task and prioritize.
Problem-solver with strong math aptitude. Must have sufficient
level of physical fitness to accomplish field measuring
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Eligible for Year End Bonus
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation and HolidaysWeb site: Job Type: Full-timePay:
$60,000.00 - $110,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time OffSchedule:
- Monday to FridaySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus PayEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
Keywords: Crescent Iron Works, Philadelphia , Miscellaneous Steel Project Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!