Sr. Manager, Software Dev & Engineering
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for leading a team of Software
Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and
web applications. Manages projects from design to testing,
including new programs, enhancements and modifications.
Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing.
Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational
plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on
business results and typically manages one or more groups of
professional employees.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web
applications, including new programs, enhancements and
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other
departments in identifying product and technical requirements.
Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software
Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products
and applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications and budgets. Implements performance metrics and
prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks
project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological
developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates
competitive applications and products.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from
lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That---s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality --- to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers
site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Sr. Manager, Software Dev & Engineering, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!