Director, 5G Test and Certification
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for leading a team of system integration
and testing initiatives to deliver hardware and software solutions
. The successful candidate will take 3GPP-based radio equipment
from development through lab and field testing, and would have deep
understanding of cellular protocols, bring-up and optimization
tools for field validation, optimization, verification and post
processing harnesses to support system and component-level testing
of radio, core and back-end components.Responsible for directing
the design, testing and research activities of future products and
applications. Oversees both strategic and technical initiatives.
Leads team and Business Partners in the continuous improvement of
processes and standards. Provides leadership and direction for team
which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and
implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility
for developing and managing budget.Job DescriptionCore
- Build, manage and lead the System Integration and Test team
responsible to perform system integration and end-to-end testing of
network components that will be part of Comcast s 5G standalone
- Lead internal lab and field test teams and collaborate with
vendor teams to fulfill test objectives.
- Develop test plans, testing processes, methodology, and tools
to perform functional and performance testing
- Develop tools and automated processes to implement calibration
and testing processes for functional and performance testing for
both lab and field environments.
- Collect, analyze and present data to senior management.
- Oversees the initial development and architecture of designs
for future products and applications that best support the
Company's technology and engineering roadmap.
- Drives design and development strategies across platforms,
teams and third parties. Evaluates solutions presented to the
company by various partners and vendors. Oversees case studies,
testing and reporting.
- Analyzes and evaluates changes in technology and defines
current and future departmental objectives. Leverages relationships
with industry partners to keep current with technological
developments within the industry, develops new standards, monitors
and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Develops and manages department and project budgets.
- Recruits, builds and nurtures high performance teams.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff by setting goals,
objectives, performance criteria and departmental standards.
- Forecasts project estimates, resource needs, timelines and
oversees schedules of product releases and project time
- Schedules and moderates periodic meetings with staff to review
recent developments and plan/prioritize future activities.
- Presents concepts and technical information in common terms to
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Required
- Strong understanding of telecom principles, including
familiarity with 2G, 3G, LTE, and 5G Core technologies.
- Network elements integration and troubleshooting competence
from customer projects.
- Experience in scripting and developing device test
- Experience with UE and Base Station emulator tools such as
Spirent, Keysight, Amarisoft, preferred.
- Experience with iPerf, QXDM and Accuver UE collection test
- Familiarly with UE emulator and/or base-station emulator tools
- Experienced technical writing skills sufficient to produce
white papers, test cases, test plans, design documents, and
- Bachelor s degree in computer science and/or electrical
engineering is required and a Master's degree is preferred.
- Generally requires 10+ years of related work
experience.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationMaster's DegreeRelevant Work Experience10 Years
+Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Director, 5G Test and Certification, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!