Director, R&D Project Management
Posted on: February 25, 2021
United States - Pennsylvania - Collegeville United States -
Massachusetts - Cambridge United States - Connecticut - Groton Why
Patients Need YouPfizer Global Product Development supports
clinical and late stage development of medicines to deliver
breakthroughs that change patients' lives.What You Will AchieveYou
will be part of Pfizer's Portfolio & Project Management Team. Your
project management skills will be leveraged to ensure achievement
of research, development, medical, and commercial objectives. You
will serve as the medicine team operational leader, ensuring all
cross functional deliverables are achieved on schedule and within
budget and quality targets. It is your problem solving ability and
hard work that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and
help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It Medicine
Program Development, Strategy, and Planning
- Working with Medicine Team leadership, leads development of
integrated program plans and ensures alignment between strategy and
- Drives stage gate decision planning and participates in the
strategic planning process for the project.
- In partnership with the Medicine Team Leader, Finance Lead, and
Partner Line representatives, is accountable for developing and
maintaining an integrated budget and updated forecasts.
- Designs, recommends, and implements new processes, approaches,
or tools to manage the program or team. Project Planning &
- Drives creation/maintenance of integrated development
- Leads development of the program critical path, decision
criteria, and milestones/stage gates.
- Ensures all lines understand program strategy, key milestones
- Leads oversight of the program schedule in collaboration with
the Project Planner and proactively identifies and manages
opportunities to optimize delivery of the plan.
- Facilitates scenario planning including the development and
assessment of options. Risk Analysis and Management
- Leads the team in the development and execution of integrated
risk management plans Information and Communication Management
- Responsible for the development and management of the
communication plan for the program.
- Ensures effective, accurate, and timely communication of
program information to the medicine team and stakeholders.
- Participates in representing the medicine team in governance
presentations, Operating Plan reviews, stakeholder discussions, and
other venues. Team Effectiveness
- Utilizes negotiation, facilitation, meeting management, and
conflict resolution skills to enhance cross-functional team
performance. ---QualificationsCandidate demonstrates a breadth of
diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the
ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach
others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve
meaningful outcomes and create business impact.Must-Have
- Bachelor's degree in one of the disciplines related to drug
development or business.
- Mastery of project management skills and drug development.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience within the
- Strong track record of performance on cross-functional teams
and achievement of results through project management.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, communication,
and meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience with stakeholder management, governance management,
and communication to senior-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize project management tools and
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MBA).
- Professional PM certification (Project Management Professional
[PMP] or equivalent).
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft Project or equivalent
project planning system.
- Familiarity with clinical trial operations. Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 02/22/2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES#LI-PFE Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment
Eligibility Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms
and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Medical#LI-PFE Posted 13 Days Ago Full time 4804959 About Us Pfizer
careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership,
we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and
potential to transform millions of lives. We're looking for new
talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative
therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Keywords: Pfizer, Philadelphia , Director, R&D Project Management, Executive , Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!