Director of Strategic Planning
Company: Sellers Dorsey & Associates, LLC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Requisition Number: 2021-01-003
Job Title: Director of Strategic Planning
State: PA The Director of Strategic Planning is responsible for
leading the firm's development and--management of strategic
planning and communication as well as the expansion into
new--products and markets. This role will also lead a team of
professionals working on strategic--growth planning, sales
analytics and support. The Director of Strategic Planning has
frequent--interactions with the Corporate Management Team (CMT),
the Sellers Dorsey Board, as well--as the firm's practice (business
line) leaders. This role leads the annual strategy planning--review
process and prepares executive presentations. This individual will
also oversee--business analytics, work across the corporate
functions, and is expected to access and hone--the strategic plans
and actions of Sellers Dorsey to strengthen and grow our business.
- Leads and coordinates the planning process, collaborating with
practice leaders--and corporate leads on the development of annual
growth plans and operation plans. Serves as the strategic planning
expert and central coordinator for the firm--to help line
management develop solid growth and operational plans.
- Tracks progress against corporate strategic plan, growth
strategies and operations--plans working with practice leaders.
Individual owners of each element of the--strategic plan are
responsible for implementation.
- Refines and implements new product development process. Works
with--practice/product leads and SMEs to evaluate potential new
products/markets and oversees execution of product priorities.
- Develops monitoring tools, i.e., dashboards for the CMT to
monitor firm-wide--progress on execution of the plan, the KPIs and
- Conducts business analytics of key areas of firm performance to
identify and--understand issues and opportunities and demonstrate
firm--progress/accomplishments. Creates analytics to help the CMT
ensure long-term--value creation in the firm.
- Identifies, leads and manages certain strategic initiatives,
i.e., potential strategic--partnerships, new product development
(leading financial analysis, market analysis, competitive
- Works with Managing Directors to track their areas of the
corporate strategic plan--and operations plan.
- Develops and implements communications on strategic plan and
progress for a--variety of audiences; serves as a central point of
coordination to manage information flow about strategic planning to
the CMT, allowing that team to focus--on priority items. Required
Qualifications Professional Experience:
- 7+ years' experience developing strategic growth and business
development plans--with a fact-based approach to competitive
analysis, market analysis, and financial--analysis, potential
impact and scenario planning, and resource requirements.
- Experience in a professional services firm or health care
setting is preferred.
- Proven successful track record translating market trends into
business strategies based upon data analyses.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and
functional ability--to define and implement growth strategies
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences,
including senior--management, key stakeholders, and members of the
Sellers Dorsey team.
Core Behaviors and Competencies:
- Build positive relationships within and outside the firm.
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with
respect and professionalism in--all interactions.
- Take ownership for one's professional development by increasing
knowledge, skills and--abilities in areas that are critical to the
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other firm staff.
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects,
issues or organizations that--are critical to achieving the firm's
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one's abilities and
talents, both internally and--externally.
Required Work Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills, with ability to review data and translate
into tactics to enable growth.--
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Management and mentorship skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to engender confidence of Sellers Dorsey Board and the
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay
Transparency Statement .
Keywords: Sellers Dorsey & Associates, LLC, Philadelphia , Director of Strategic Planning, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!