Principal Program Manager- 5G Deployment
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryProvides leadership, expertise, communications,
quality control, guidance, project and program management expertise
for 5G wireless development projects. Responsible for providing the
end-to-end program and project plans for each wireless deployment
project or county. Core operational responsibilities include
ensuring consistency in processes, reporting, forecasting, and data
integrity with respect to the market buildout for each radio
location, data center and transport network associated with the 5G
wireless ecosystem. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements,
and benefits in support of the organization goals. Leads and guides
junior members of the team.Job DescriptionCore
- Lead the end-to-end 5G network deployment program to include
equipment engineering, cell site development, site construction,
ICI (Installation Commissioning and Integration), acceptance and
operations handover. Build this program from the ground up.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business
requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning
- Works with market cross-functional departments (RF engineering,
site acquisition, zoning, construction, transport and project
accounting) and peers in other markets to identify and share best
practices .Ensures team clearly understands roles and
responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Creates and builds program and project plans. Facilitates and
drives the Comcast, partner and other support teams to identify and
schedule all the tasks for end-to-end deployment required to
fulfill program scope. Performs management of upstream and
- Identifies goals and success criteria, drives the development
and implementation of key goals, objectives, and successes criteria
for the program with key stakeholders and core team. Raises
conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of
- Determines the cost and budget; performs resource
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying
and managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency
plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for
initiation corrective actions.
- Identifies and helps the team make program tradeoffs to balance
scope, time, and costs. Ensures proper documentation.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and upstream and
downstream dependencies. Analyzes the actual performance against
the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
Drives action item resolution and track completion. Ensures
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all
stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Identifies and
manages proposed changes to program parameters.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads
core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment
schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation of
programs in the field through trials and controlled customer
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance. Other duties and responsibilities as
- Strong end-to-end wireless deployment related experience which
includes, engineering, provisioning, site development,
construction, ICI(Installation Commissioning and Integration),
acceptance and operations handover tasks associated with county or
market cellsite, IP Core, 3GPP EPC, transport and interconnect
network components.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience10 Years
+Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Principal Program Manager- 5G Deployment, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!