Sr. Manager, Software Product Dev Engineering
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for recruiting, developing and managing a
team of product development engineers. Designs, implements and
sustains engineering of Company's applications and services.
Oversees full life cycle product development to include analysis
and planning related to product development, launch and deployment.
Acts as the interface to third party vendors from a business and
engineering perspective with respect to requirements generation for
meeting Company goals and with respect to licensable technology.
Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational
plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on
business results and typically manages one or more groups of
professional employees.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Manage a team of engineers and developers for the Internet
Measurement Platform (IMP).
- Be the product owner for IMP which is the Gateway Speed Test
platform that's used to help bring visibility into network
performance and customer experience.
- Understand Comcast products, and various impacts on customer
- Collaborate with various organizations to ensure business
requirements are met.Understand processes and development work
needed to deliver speed tests.
- Understand the network and define priorities based on business
- Develop talent and build a high performing and solution driven
- Demonstrates technical leadership and mentoring of others on
the application of new technologies and system development
- Manages department's performance, budget responsibilities,
development of staff, resource planning and goal setting.
- Develops requirements to be used by the vendor community to
develop solutions to meet Company application needs.
- Evaluates various architectural solutions and
implementations.Identifies trends, services and/or capabilities
that may be beneficial to various product offerings.
- Participates consultatively in the testing and certification
- Keeps current with technology developments in the
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with peer
organizations and also equipment and software vendors.
- Participates in standards bodies and industry
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.Other duties and responsibilities as
- Prior managerial experience leading a mid-size team of software
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of the software
development lifecycle and experience leading software
projects.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management,
monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager,
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Sr. Manager, Software Product Dev Engineering, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!